Jags in black

Chazberg

I suppose I will be blasted for this, but I've never seen a teal jaguar before. Black and metallic gold frankly makes more sense, depending on how authentic you'd like to be, than teal. Having said that, if they want to dump the teal, then they should have gold pants to wear with the black jerseys.

OK well I've also never seen a navy blue ands orange bear before, but it would be pretty friggin stupid to have my team run out there in brown and black uniforms now wouldn't it? Come to think of it there's no green eagles or aqua dolphins or blue horses or light blue and silver lions...have I made my point?

It is weird that they have an alternate that has not (as far as can be determined) a single stitch of the team's main color.

Actually the jerseys do have a teal outline on the numbers that is all but indistiguishable on TV. But they still suck.

and finally...

I don't know why everyone's gotta hate on the all-black. I was at the game tonight and they looked great to me. The Steelers are the ones who looked horrible in those awful yellow pants.

How dare you. They are classic. At least they don't look like a team out of an Oliver Stone movie.

"Still live with your mom huh? (Not that there is anything wrong with that.)"

I haven't found anyone that can treat me better. I guess I'm just a devout bachelor.

...... You can't improve on that statement.....

you...you just can't.....

You can't make a punchline out of that, huh? or his quote is just too funny to respond to ^_^

Very refreshing, Who doesn't like Lemon Meringue pie?

mmmmmmm......... pie.......... *drools*

The jags look ugly, but I like the fact that both teams have quite a contrast in uniform colours (except for the helmet).

I saw, I came, I left.

I caught part of the game. ESPN did a promo for their fancy sky cam and showed clips from previous games. They showed Ray Lewis doing his pre-game epileptic fit from the Sunday night game when the Ravens wore all black. They looked EXACTLY the same as the Jags! I did like the Jags black pants when they had striped on them, they looked tight then when the teal jerseys as others have mentioned. But the stripeless look made them look like a cross between a special ops unit and ninjas.

the Jags' all black combo is probably the worst uniform combo in the league. All signs of Teal, the colour most associsted with the Jags throughout their history, are gone. only the tongue of the Jag on the helmet, and the small triangle that holds the NFL logo remain.

it's even worse because their Teal Jersey/Black pants combo is awesome looking. i mean, at LEAST put some teal stripes on the pants, or trim on the sleeves or something.

It's just another example of the Any Given Sundayization of the NFL.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Why the Jaguars felt the need to introduce this all-Black monstrosity, I'll never know. Well... of course I know: they're looking to line their pockets with the extra cash that results from foisting alternate/third jerseys on the brain-dead sports consumers of the world.

The Jaguars' have the best primary mark in all of professional sports. Further, they're uniforms are a terrific example of the fact that Teal need not be botched when applied to sports uniforms. Yet, they feel the need to minimize the Teal in their scheme, even going so far as to change the primary color of their numbers on the road jerseys to Black.

Frankly, it's a major disappointment... and the all-Black uniforms are a "meh" mistake.

"The black jersey/pant/socks make the Jags look like they should be wearing a tu tu at halftime. The look is just so bad."

Hey, someone agreed with me!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived