Alaska aces

smzimbabwe

I'm sure it's more a polar bear / Alaska connection. They had one on their old logo, too.

This one's nice. It'll be interesting to see what they do with jerseys.

The old jerseys:

Home

Road

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Guess what I found! There is actually a basketball team called the Alaska Aces ..... in the Phillipine Basketball Association

http://www.pba.com.ph/alaska/news.php?newsfile=news005.php

-Anyways, the hockey team logo is nice.

-Man, do the Aces have a road trip ahead of them. Imagine, Alaska @ Florida!

Anchorage and Miami, FL

5434 miles

-The ECHL name will stick, but the it not be called the East Coast Hockey League? So are there any funnny suggestions as to what we can all it now?

-As for the jerseys, if you go to their website, you can see the new home uniform at the bottom of the home page.

-Can someone do anything with the Toledo Storm logo?

I saw, I came, I left.

-The ECHL name will stick, but the it not be called the East Coast Hockey League? So are there any funnny suggestions as to what we can all it now?

How about the Every Coast Hockey League?

Home and away jerseys:

http://www.portalaska.com/tio/McNeilBoomerChytka.jpg

The white jerseys have a puck with the word ACES on the shoulders, the black jerseys have the Alaska flag on the shoulder...

The polar bear was chosen as a mascot to represent Alaska, nothing to do with Aces. Aces has been a team name for Anchorage hockey teams dating back to the 20's and 30's...

Being born in Anchorage, Alaska, i have to say thats one of the best logos ever and the colors are perfect.. did anyone know that a couple months ago the Anchorage(Alaska) Aces were on auction on ebay for 2,500,000 and with a buy it now for 3,000,000. Imagine being a player on that team at the time knowing you are being sold on EBAY......crazy but anyways thats a great logo and possibly one of the best

Interesting.  I like the logo.  I also thought initially that the former colors would be too similar to the Arkansas RiverBlades, so the change is a good one.  However, these new colors are almost identical to another ECHL team - the Augusta Lynx.

I've got a good solid contact with the ECHL; I'll track down the new Pantones and see for certain...

I don't hate those new jerseys, actually.  The Nashville striping pattern on the sleeves isn't the best, would've been better if they'd just carried it straight out, more like the Wild.  But... why must so many minor league teams have their team names on their crest like that? Bah.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Technically, adding a team in Alaska doesn't preclude the use of "East" in the name of the league - Attu Island is the furthest EAST of any land in the United States. Alaska is the state that is both furthest east and furthest west.

As far as the logo, it is pretty cool. Polar bears are mean s-o-b's.

Technically, adding a team in Alaska doesn't preclude the use of "East" in the name of the league - Attu Island is the furthest EAST of any land in the United States.

That hasn't stopped the league from changing its name, though.  How many other leagues have gone by initials that don't stand for anything?  I can only think of the XFL.

It's an awesome logo and pretty cool jerseys.  A nice improvement from the previous ones.  

ECHL=Extreme Continental Hockey League

And yes, my beloved XFL didn't have a meaning to it.  Well it is for Xtreme Football League, just Vince McMahon had to do "his thing" and be different.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived