Colts - Indianapolis agree on new lease & stadium

sj32

Good for the Colts. But it makes me wonder if the Colts will miss the artificial turf.

By the time they get the thing built, who knows who will still be around. Getting away from turf would definitely hurt the current team.

For those of you who DID NOT READ THE ARTICLE IN WHOLE, it calls for a retractable-roof stadium, so it may have grass or FieldTurf or whatever, and the NCAA will stage Men's and Women's Final Fours there whenever they darn please.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

yeah the final four is one mens and one womens every 5 years, and the ncaa convention every year, as well as when they dont have the final fours, they have first and second round games. im glad, cant wait to see the designs.

I really think they should host a regional final or two in between.

Breaking it down:

Year after Final Four - nothing

Second year - 1st/2nd Round games.

Third year - nothing.

Fourth year - Regional Finals.

Fifth year - Final Four.

Now getting back to the reason why the original post was written, IMHO, I believe that the Colts can consider trying to host a Super Bowl in that new facility in 2016, would that be a good idea to those Hoosier board members?

Not as long as they have Peyton he can do good on any surface.

He hasn't proven he can win games in the cold on grass. Turf is a different story, the Colts are built for speed because of their indoor games.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

They don't make that type of, ahem, "patio carpeting" anymore, laid out on concrete, so they will have a new generation of carpet (i. e. FieldTurf or Momentum Turf) they will play on or grass that rolls out under the field simular to the type at the Sapporo Dome for soccer.

They don't make that type of, ahem, "patio carpeting" anymore, laid out on concrete, so they will have a new generation of carpet (i. e. FieldTurf or Momentum Turf) they will play on or grass that rolls out under the field simular to the type at the Sapporo Dome for soccer.

The Cardinals' new stadium will have that rolling surface AND a retractable roof.

I saw, I came, I left.

I spoke of current stadia. We will speak of the new, corporate-sponsored facility in Glendale, AZ in the future.

there are existing buildings (nice ones that are in use, so ones they wouldnt be able to get through emminent domain) around, and the land they currently have for the new stadium wouldnt allow for a rolling field. the rca dome will also be torn down to make way for an expansion to the convention center

Archived