Update on the Big Unit deal

KennyRock

The details of the 10-player, 3-team trade, of which Randy Johnson going to the Yankees is the centerpiece, have been finalized, and the deal will be given in to Commisioner Bud Selig later today. If Selig okays it, the deal would be officialy completed when Brad Penny takes a physical for the D-Backs later in the week.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Per ESPNEWS, the deal for RJ is now dead - the Dodgers withdrew from the proposed three-way.

No link yet, will add when one's available.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Thank you, Dodgers!!! They finally woke up and smelled the coffee. That deal was such a rip-off to LA (what with losing Green, Penny, and Brazoban, who was a damn good set-up man down the stretch). I know Satan, I mean, Steinbrenner will find a way to lure Johnson to NY, but at least the Dodgers are doing their best to keep him away. Thank you, LA, from a Jays fan.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Good to see it. I think it's official..everyone in MLB hates the Yankees.

Wait a sec! Everyone hates the Yanks?

Arizona officials still have the idea of sell out Randy Johnson!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I doubt that LA pulling out of the deal had anything to do with them hating the Yankees. I think when they looked at it, they saw they were giving up two good starters in Ishii and Penny, and getting Javier Vazquez in return - that should make anyone think twice.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Archived