New memphis grizzlies

amare32

Word is the Griz will have a whole new presence -- logo, colors, uniforms -- to debut when they enter their new arena in 2004. The name will remain the same, tho.

So, all you talented designers, let's see what you got. The call goes out for you to give us a preview of the NEW Memphis Grizzlies.

The logo aint bad bud teh colors a can use a majoprr change. Grizzlies does work for Memphis so there is no need for a change. Lets just hope they dont screw things up like the Rockets.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

sucks for me...eh well, now i gotta get my griz jersey in the next 365 days or less.  i like the current colors and have a bad feeling about this change.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I don't know guys.

I've seen some of the preliminary mods to the Grizzle's identity.  Some I don't care for and some were really sweet updates of what they have now.  I think it'll be fine.

Please don't ask how I know.  I have some relationships with a couple friends in the design game and some in the NBA...but I can't share much more than that at this current time.

Don't hate on me....I am so NOT Johnny Big Shot with the mad hook ups...these are family connections and I am just sworn to confidentiality is all.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

My guess is the bear part of the logo stays (or is 'modernized' at most), the wordmark is gone and the unis -- Shark look away -- will be primarily brown and red with black trim. Their website has had that color scheme since they moved to Memphis, and I think it will look good. Teal will be gone. I mentioned these suspicions long ago... check out the site to see what I mean: http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/

My guess is the bear part of the logo stays (or is 'modernized' at most), the wordmark is gone and the unis -- Shark look away -- will be primarily brown and red with black trim. Their website has had that color scheme since they moved to Memphis, and I think it will look good. Teal will be gone. I mentioned these suspicions long ago... check out the site to see what I mean: http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/

Well, technically it's "Bear Bronze" (they use a metallic Pantone), not Brown.  So Shark should be fine...

You're right... and I actually knew that at one point but it slipped my mind. Obviously not all of us retain our color knowledge as well as the master. :) Thanks for setting me straight. Bear bronze, red and black seems like a unique scheme... I think it looks good on their site. Unis may be a different story.

slighty OT: why does Memphis need a new arena? and how old is the Pyramid?

Anyways, Likely they'll stick with the colors Bronze, Black, and Red.  The Vancouver Pacific Turqouise will be ditched.

BTW, anyone have a pic of the original jerseys?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The Pyramid was built for the U. of Memphis.  It's a decent college arena, but it wasn't built to be up to NBA standards.  The Grizzlies moved to Memphis under the pretense that they would be getting a new arena ASAP.

Everything I heard says the Grizzlies will go for something more drastic than just dropping the teal. Maybe I am wrong but they seemed to suggest it would be a whole new image!! I'd like it if they based a new main logo on the paw holding the basketball thing they have as an alternate now!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The Pyramid was built for the U. of Memphis. It's a decent college arena, but it wasn't built to be up to NBA standards. The Grizzlies moved to Memphis under the pretense that they would be getting a new arena ASAP.

Ya know, they could have moved to St. Louis and into a less then 10 year old up to NBA standards arena....I'm gonna rant for a minute and anyone who doesn't wanna read this or I have told eight times already doesn't have to...

Bill Laurie, owner of the Blues and Savvis Center (their arena), was going to buy the Grizzlies when they were for sale. It was pretty obvious he was gonna move them to St. Louis within a couple years. The NBA told him he had to keep the Grizz in Vancouver for at least five years if he bought them. He didn't want to so he backed out. Then, their current owner buys them and keeps them in Vancouver that one year. He asks if they can move to Memphis the next, and sure enough, the NBA said yes. Argh...

Laurie didn't have to keep them there for five years.  The deal was, the original expansion agreement for the Grizzlies was that they had to stay in Vancouver for five seasons from their inception.  They were able to move after last season because it was after five years.  Apparently Laurie didn't want to wait that long.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Laurie didn't have to keep them there for five years. The deal was, the original expansion agreement for the Grizzlies was that they had to stay in Vancouver for five seasons from their inception. They were able to move after last season because it was after five years. Apparently Laurie didn't want to wait that long.

I'm not so sure that is the case, because I thought he had planned to keep them there for a year or two anyway. Doesn' t matter though, they still weren't gonna let him move them but they let the new owner. Perhaps I'm a bit bitter.

I really hope they keep the bronze and red, i think it could be unique.

The colors arent really the problem.  I think they should def. drop the black,and go with something completely new for uniforms, but the grizzly itself it pretty well executed i always thought.

Archived