New York Yankees Redesign PRoject

Steve-O

coley-nice sig, moog ruled ^_^

back on topic, i'll try for a moment to forget that the Yanks are evil. i'd put a bit of red in the flag at least, but overall it looks real sharp. okay, moment over.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Of course, touching anything about the Yankees is going to get you drawn and quarterd on this board.

Not when YOU'RE Steve-O.

He's earned the right...

And let's face it, there's nothing sacrilegous about his Masterpieces!!!

:notworthy:

Seing how well you can update and icon, makes me want to see what you can do with the Maple Leafs and the Habs...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Of course, touching anything about the Yankees is going to get you drawn and quarterd on this board.

been there, done that time and time again (Yanks, Pack, Bears, Cowboys, Browns, Habs, Rags, Isles, the list goes on). Yawn. :sleepy: Nowadays I'm going the "give traditional looks to teams with no history" route :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

coley-nice sig, moog ruled ^_^

andy moog + derian hatcher + trent klatt = my childhood idols

i miss the good old school central division dallas stars.... hell, i miss ANY dallas stars.

While I like your idea of doing a navy/white/gray primary and losing the red that is so absent from Yankee unis, you simply can't grayscale the flag of the USA. That's just not gonna fly in any baseball league: minor or major.

Great idea though, otherwise. Me like it!

BRILLIANT

brilliant9kr.jpg

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

some things to know up front before i give my opinion.

1. i don't hate the yankees nor do i think of them as evil. i have no emotional attachment for or against them.

2. i don't care about the sanctity or the tradition of baseball or any other pro sports with colors or logos.

3. i was not paid by yankee fans or the yankee organization to give this opinion.

with that said,

i absolutely love the redesign, i like the blue and grey scheme of the logo. its a perfect update to the severly outdated scheme they use now.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

I like this a lot. It's really superb; I had previously thought of the Yankees as a sort of unimprovable team.

However, a few suggestions:

- Kill the gray outlines. The blue outlines are strong enough; they don't need gray around them. If the logo goes onto a blue background, outline it in white.

- Make the man bluer. He looks great above the NY, but on the Yankees script his gray arm does give him a Confederate hue.

- If you're going to have 50 stars on the flag, put them in the right order, not 5 rows of 10. But better still, simplify. Put fewer, larger stars on it. And since you're already reducing the number of stripes to 11, reduce it further still to 9. But don't listen to the critics - keep it blue, white, and gray, not red.

- Change the beveling. Right now it looks like the logos are being lit from the left. Make it upper-left or upper-right instead.

20082614447.png

Archived