Charlotte bobcats new logo

nitroseed

I can name 7 people on this board who could have done a better job that that...

Looks minor league... Looks NBDL... if teams in the NBDL had logos...

Bad...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logo itself isn't a horrible logo.  The production quality's good.

It's just that the logo--and I think, the name--are boring.  Dull.  Yaaaawn.  (Heck, even the king of simplicity, JQK, doesn't like it. *heh*)

I'd be curious to know who JQK's seven are.  :cool:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Also, is the WNBA Charlotte Sting going to change its name/logo?

For the most part, WNBA teams have similar color schemes and derivative names from their co-owned NBA counterparts. For example, Sacramento Kings (NBA), Monarchs (WNBA) ... Washington Wizards (NBA), Mystics (WNBA), and so on.

Charlotte Sting is definitely a derivative from Hornets, and they have the Hornets' teal as their primary color. Maybe they should become the Charlotte Claws or something.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I personally dont think its that bad...it isnt that great either.I say it rates about a 5.5 on the crap-o-meter  :D

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Also, is the WNBA Charlotte Sting going to change its name/logo?

For the most part, WNBA teams have similar color schemes and derivative names from their co-owned NBA counterparts. For example, Sacramento Kings (NBA), Monarchs (WNBA) ... Washington Wizards (NBA), Mystics (WNBA), and so on.

Charlotte Sting is definitely a derivative from Hornets, and they have the Hornets' teal as their primary color. Maybe they should become the Charlotte Claws or something.

I believe that the WNBA is in the process of trying to distinguish itself from the NBA. I remember hearing something when Charlotte's expansion team was announced that said the Sting would retain their name and not conform to fit their "big brother's" image. The Connecticut Sun is a step in that direction, although the San Antonio Silver Starzz or whatever the heck they are, is a Spurs knock-off. What would the Sting change it to anyways? I think Lynx is the only "female-ish" cat I can think of, and Minnesota has it already. Maybe the Roar?

And to tack on to what I was saying earlier about it being the worst logo ever, I think it's just a combination of both unoriginality and blandness. The logo looks so uninteresting to me... no tonal shading at all. *shrug*

If you wanna see a great Bobcats concept, go take a look at the University of Ohio.

• 7 months later...

While it is not exact--it is close enough to the logo of a woman's football team--the Tacoma Majestics of the Independant Womens Football League (or at least they were in that league last time I looked.) That logo is a mountain lion/cougar etc.

If the NFL can sue a women's league for their name being close, can a woman's team sue the the Bobcats? Or does Al Davis need to be involved?

Tacoma Majestics

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived