Charlotte bobcats new logo

nitroseed

I like it. Unless they put the whole logo on the front of the jersey (they won't) I think it'll be fine. For some reason it looks more like an NFL logo to me... guess I could see that Bobcat profile on a helmet. But for all the mistakes the NBA has made over the years, getting a little too into the computer-aided graphics, I think this will turn out okay. I'm more disappointed that blue is the mystery fourth color. I'd rather they left that out so they'd be unique. Now they're too much like the Knicks. I suppose orange will be the dominant color of the roads?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont think the logo is horrible, but its not great, and could've been better.  The script does resemble the mavericks a lot, but it is still a little different.  The orange-red and blue remind me of the AF2's (Arena Football)'s Florida Firecats a lot.  In one of the logo's, the cat comes out as regular orange, and it looks horrible.  They need to keep that teal in the logo, it compliments the other colors well.  I could've designed a better logo! But, I can't say i'm totally disgusted, but it could have been way better.

I could've designed a better logo!

Prove it. :D I wouldn't put myself into that position, it could be a tough name to work with. I'll applaud you if you can, that's for sure.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

you mention the florida bobcats...their original logo, though it did look realistic, was crap.  amazingly, the update looked a hundred times better, and at least fifty times bettter than the charlotte logo.  these cats are gonna need REALY good uniforms to offset this.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

IMHO this ain't a bad looking logo.And no, I don't think I could have designed a better one.

I always liked the name Bobcats for a team, they are nasty little fighters who don't quit.

I'll almost bet there'll be a secondary logo coming out soon.

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

I'll almost bet there'll be a secondary logo coming out soon.

As of today, they've only got the logo you've been seeing, and a "special" logo that just puts "CHARLOTTE" inside of the Blue outline.

Not real "special".

it's not the worst sports logo ever. What about Buccaneer Bruce?

:laugh:

...however, a while back, there seemed to be a whole bunch of guys on this board who wanted Bucco Bruce BACK...

...blew my mind.

Buccaneer Bruce isn't even anywhere near the worst sports logo ever. At least in my opinion...am I the only one that liked the Bucs shade of orange?  ???

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

:laugh:

...however, a while back, there seemed to be a whole bunch of guys on this board who wanted Bucco Bruce BACK...

...blew my mind.

a while back? donovan, sadly those same souls still want bruce back  ???

bucco bruce is not jesus christ! he is dead and he aint coming back!  :laugh:

It might not be the worst professional sports logo ever, but it is damn close.

For one they spent $100,000 on names research, logo design etc and came up with that.  Imagine what they didnt select.

Two.  It doesnt even resemble a Bobcat, looks more like a panther or mountain lion.

Three.  They choose the same colors as the Knicks, sorry they added silver which makes it worse.  Silver numbers on an orange jersey.  You do the Math on that one.

Four.  The Font isnt even an original.  As mentioned above its a tweak of the Mavericks.

The only good thing about all this is Basketball is back in Cahrlotte.  Might be ugly basketball but still.

And yes I could have done better, and for alot less than $100,000.

Greg

Archived