Throwback Jerseys You'd Like To See Made

robbman21

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real quick, from the teams I like would be a UMiami Bernie Kosar or Michael Irvin, TB Bucs Ricky Bell, Pirates Van Slyke, and an '84 Penguins Lemieux Gold. Sorry for not including the years. I'm in a hurry.

KISSwall09.jpg

This is stupd but I want a 1993 Indians Jersey and then put 00 and HAYES on the back for WILLIE MAYS HAYES from Major League.

i'd have a Pedro Cerrano one myself :D either him or Taka

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I know they can't do it and I know they'll never do it, but I'd give anything for a 1997 dark blue Brendan Shanahan or Ron Francis Hartford Whalers jersey (size 56 please).

Other than that a black Flyers Ron Hextall or a Chrisitan Okoye home Chiefs jersey would be sweet.

mainescarf.png

I know they can't do it and I know they'll never do it, but I'd give anything for a 1997 dark blue Brendan Shanahan or Ron Francis Hartford Whalers jersey (size 56 please).

Other than that a black Flyers Ron Hextall or a Chrisitan Okoye home Chiefs jersey would be sweet.

I second the Whalers jerseys (only I want green, with Pucky on the shoulders), but I would love to see Mitchell and Ness make a 1975 home/road Luis Tiant Red Sox jersey.

1994 Cubs road Ryno

1990 Cubs road Maddux

I'd take a 1990 Cubs road for just about anyone... or blank. It was a one-year wonder, but there's hope. If the Cubs and M&N keep doing these promotional giveaway jersey days (they're in year 2), there's a chance they'll get to that style eventually.

They show up every once in a while on eBay (I remember a Shawon Dunston one specifically), but they're usually way too small.

I have a 1994 blank Cubs road, and I know where to get the lettering done, but I can't decide whether to do it. I saw a Sosa go for a ton on eBay a couple of years ago and I've seen Grace version go pretty high, too, but I kind of want to keep it, so I'll probably go with Ryno, too.

Ok, here's my list:

1903 Boston Nationals gray road jerseys (see 2003 Red Sox-Pirates TBTC night)

1966 Baltimore Orioles road Boog Powell "Baltimore" script jersey

1986 Red Sox road Roger Clemens jersey

1988 Patriots road John Stephens white jersey

1991 Burlington Indians gray road Manny Ramirez #60 jersey

1993 Patriots home blue Ben Coates 87 jersey

1994 Patriots throwback Ray Crittenden #81 jersey

1994 Patriots home blue Michael Timpson jersey (my favorite player as a 13 year-old middle school punk)

1994 Natrone Means Chargers Powder blue

1994 Pittsburgh Steelers vertical striped Andre Hastings jersey

1994 Chicago Bears vertical striped Erik Kramer jersey

1995 Buccaneers home orange Warren Sapp jersey

1995 Patriots "pre-season (before they put the Pats logos on the shoulders)" road Curtis Martin jersey

2003 (?) Kevin Jones VTech "throwback (shoulder striped)" maroon jersey

2003 (?) Washington Senators gray (Rangers throwbacks) Michael Young jersey

Why can't they make a Whalers jersey? Maybe it's the same reason you can't have Whalers shirts on EA Sports NHL 2005 but they do have Nordiques, Jets, and North Stars.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Why can't they make a Whalers jersey? Maybe it's the same reason you can't have Whalers shirts on EA Sports NHL 2005 but they do have Nordiques, Jets, and North Stars.

The State of Connecticut owns the logo, I believe, so that's why you don't see any Whalers throwback stuff.

1991 London Monarchs - Stan Gelbaugh

1992 Orlando Thunder Home Jersey (Lime Green!)

Now the goalie parade:

1943 Boston Bruins - Frank Brimsek

1970 Pittsburgh Penguins - Les Binkley

1971 Toronto Maple Leafs - Bernie Parent

1971 Minnesota North Stars - Cesare Maniago

1975 Buffalo Sabres - Roger Crozier

1983 Philadelphia Flyers - Ricky St. Croix

1988 Quebec Nordiques - Mario Brunetta

1992 Hartford Whalers - Peter Sidorkewicz

2000 Atlanta Thrashers - Scott Fankhauser

philly.png

The only M&N jerseys I own are a 1951 Giants home - Bobby Thomson and a 1959 Senators home - Roy Sievers. I bought them both < 1991; I don't think M&N makes Sievers Nats jerseys anymore, just Killebrew.

I'd like:

Baseball:

1938 Boston Bees home/road - Casey Stengel

1939 Washington Nationals road - Cecil Travis, George Case

1940 Cincinnati Reds home - Ernie Lombardi, Willard Hershberger, Bill Werber

Football:

I'd like to see a Chargers AFL throwback for someone besides Lance Alworth; maybe Ernie Ladd, Keith Lincoln or Paul Lowe (IIRC there are Walt Sweeneys floating around out there).

I'll join the Don Hutson brigade too.

1972 Miami Dolphins road - Jake Scott (sorry Dan, he'll always be #13 to me)

1973 San Diego Chargers home - Johnny Unitas, Gary Garrison

1974 New England Patriots home - Bill Lenkaitis

1976 Pittsburgh Steelers home - Donnie Shell

1983 Houston Oilers home/road - Robert Abraham

Hockey:

1980s Philadelphia Flyers home - Pelle Lindbergh

Basketball:

19?? Carolina Cougars home/road - Billy Cunningham

tzch6.jpg

Don Hutson was arguably the greatest Packer of all time.  His accomplishments include:   

? NFL receiving champ eight of his eleven seasons 

? NFL top scorer five years 

? Most Valuable Player 1941 and 1942 

? Had 488 catches (200 more than his closest competitor) for 7,991 yards, 99 TDs 

? Held 18 major NFL records at time of retirement (many of which lasted for DECADES) 

? For the NFL's 50th Anniversary in 1969, he was named the All-Time End 

Hutson invented modern pass receiving. He created Z-outs, buttonhooks, hook-and-gos, and a whole catalog of moves and fakes. 

Don Hutson was the first Packer to have his number retired.  He is a charter member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton. 

And yet, despite all this, Don Hutson has not been immortalized by Mitchell & Ness.  His teammate Tony Canadeo has been rightly recognized with a throwback jersey (two of them in fact, a 1949 home and a 1946 road), but Don Hutson has not. 

Contact Mitchell & Ness today and let them know that we want to see a Don Hutson jersey! 

info@mitchellandness.com

----------------------------------------------------------------

and guess where don hutson played his college ball?....that's right - Alabama...

Old Style Bulls jersey- B.J. Armstrong

Jerome Walton Cubs jersey (remember him? R.O.Y.)

ozzie newsome alabama jersey or browns jersey

michael jordan birmingham barons jersey (45)...but not the one he actually wore...the throwback barons jerseys like these

bbb90.jpg

1972 Reggie Leach California Golden Seals

1974 Tim Horton Buffalo Sabres

1976 Jim Hart St Louis Cardinals

1984 Steve Garvey San Diego Padres

1965 Alex Karris Detroit Lions

1973 Eddie Shack Pittsburgh Penguins

1973 Johnny Unitas San Diego Chargers

All from M&N, of course :D

Archived