NBA.com updates format

the_cynic

Check it out guys, NBA.com updated their format over night.

NBA.com

Very very nice! B)

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Too much flash. Takes forever to load on slower machines.

Like yours? laugh3.gif

Too much Flash? That's just where the web is headin' man!

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Does anyone else have this problem especially people with AOL. in both versions of the NBA.com in the team drop down box. I click on charlotte and the page that I get is the pre Bobcats page when it was NBA.com/Charlotte instead of NBA.com/Bobcats.

just wondering if perhaps it my old slow computer

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

Too much flash. Takes forever to load on slower machines.

Like yours? laugh3.gif

Too much Flash? That's just where the web is headin' man!

That's where the web was heading in 1998, before people realized how bad it is for usability. It's getting better but it still sucks.

What are you talking about? There's more Flash on the web today then there was in '98. Flash has come a long way since then!

Retired Number's To Come

Flash is cool on a creative level, but not that well functionally. It's fine if Flash is only a small part of the overall GUI (example, ESPN or Boston.com). But when the whole site is Flash, it takes too long to load everything if the site is graphic intensive.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Flash is cool on a creative level, but not that well functionally. It's fine if Flash is only a small part of the overall GUI (example, ESPN or Boston.com). But when the whole site is Flash, it takes too long to load everything if the site is graphic intensive.

What sites are you talking about? Most good web designers don't plug big graphics into flash anyway.

Retired Number's To Come

gee, uh, NBA.com

Dude, those Flash files are pretty small. Now I don't know what kind of computer you but the site should be working just fine. It's NBA.com for hell sakes, don't you think they take everybody into consideration. The fact is, Flash is bigger than ever and Macromedia isn't going away anytime soon. Get a new computer if it's that big of a problem!

Retired Number's To Come

Power Mac G5 dual 2GHz with a DSL connection.

And the site still loads slow.

If you don't want to believe me at least believe the webmaster here.

Well I have a slower speed than you and it still loads fine. Trust me, the site isn't the problem. Flash was created to produce a high quality experience of the web without slowing down the speed or functionality of the site

EDIT: I'm now counting 10 Flash files but with all of them added up they only come to 84.9 kb. Not bad at all for as much content it holds.

Retired Number's To Come

Not just the fact that Flash loads slow, but the compatibility with machines not running flash sucks.

Like at work over the summer. No Flash plug-in means no NBA.com.

Consumers drive product development. Flash is cool if you have something that needs it (ie. Homestar Runner), but otherwise, why use it? It's a pain to update.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Not just the fact that Flash loads slow, but the compatibility with machines not running flash sucks.

Like at work over the summer. No Flash plug-in means no NBA.com.

Consumers drive product development. Flash is cool if you have something that needs it (ie. Homestar Runner), but otherwise, why use it? It's a pain to update.

MLB has been using it for a while and I'm annoyed by the changing of the stories every 10 seconds. Now afl.com.au is doing that.

I'm also annoyed by some websites that have a moving ad which blocks some stuff you are looking at. I prefer things not move around. It just make things easier to navigate.

I find that the NBA website is too cluttered with stuff. I prefer MLB's website over the NBA's

I saw, I came, I left.

Times are changing guys, 98.5% of computers had Flash plug-in's 3 years ago and I'm sure it's higher by now. Get with the program, Flash is here to stay and it's only going to get worse (if that's what you want to call it)!

Retired Number's To Come

Does anyone else have this problem especially people with AOL. in both versions of the NBA.com in the team drop down box. I click on charlotte and the page that I get is the pre Bobcats page when it was NBA.com/Charlotte instead of NBA.com/Bobcats.

just wondering if perhaps it my old slow computer

Thats happened to me a few times!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

if a site is flash intensive, i click the site off. i don't have the patience to sit and wait for a site to download load for 25 minutes.

a little flash is fine, but most sites don't need to be flash intensive.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Archived