Who Will Win The Champions League?

eddie010

Who Will Win The UEFA Champions League?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, all you hooligans, it's that time again!

The time when all the elite in football shine on the biggest club stage!

Yes, it's down to 16 in the UEFA Champions League.

As you can see by my sig, I'm pretty dang excited. Never have I seen such excitingly intense, even matchups. Real vs. Juve?! Bayern vs. Arsenal?!?! Milan vs. Man U?!?!?! Chelsea vs. Barca?!?!?!?! Wow. Not bad for only the Round of 16, eh?

So for those who care, I ask you this: Who will win it all? Who will make it to Istanbul and be crowned winners of the Champions League? IMO, if Barca can stop Chelsea, there's no way anyone else can take them down. Their defense is too stellar and their attack is unparalelled.

For those who were curious, here are the first leg results. Second leg starts Tuesday. Here we go!

logo_thumbnail.gif

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked Real Mardid, but not really sure why because I really wanted to pick AC Milan or Manchester United (Pity they have to match up with each other now :(). I'm just hoping Real can get it together. I remember what happened two years ago against Juventus so I wary of what happens to Real. Every matchup with the exception of Werder Bremen/Lyon looks to be a crapshoot.

Speaking of soccer, I've seen a small image of the MLS's Season 10 logo if anyone's got a larger image of it, please post it in the Sports Logos section :)

mls_logo_footer.gif

I saw, I came, I left.

After watching AC Milan beat Man U. at Old Trafford, they're my pick.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

i think the teams which won the first leg, will all go through to the next round -- i think inter will beat porto in the final leg of that contest. the only contested game i can see is juve and real. judging from juve's performance in the first half of the season, they certainly have the potential to win big against the perpetually underperforming real.

a final between milan and barca would be great for the league's tv ratings (not that they would suffer anyway -- well, unless there's a repeat of last year's porto v. monaco) and would be my ideal match-up. a great rivalry between these two teams especially when it comes to champions league championship games.

and perhaps as a dark horse (and i'm only offering this because i'm living in germany right now) would be bayern muenchen. bayern is kickin' ass and takin' names in the bundesliga, and they lucked out with their pairing with arsenal. they should win this game with no problem. whether the team can compare (or compete) with teams the likes of milan, barca or even juve (who they lost to twice in the group stages) remains to be seen -- and is perhaps dubious. i'm not a fan of bayern, but some german representation would be nice to see, as the germans (aachen, schalke and stuttgart) were quickly knocked out of the uefa cup, and it seems bremen won't survive the second leg in lyon.

just you all wait until hertha berlin qualifies for the cup after this season. oh man, europe won't even know what hit it...heh heh heh.

(and i'm only offering this because i'm living in germany right now) would be bayern muenchen. bayern is kickin' ass and takin' names in the bundesliga

?????????????????????????????

Are you watchin the same Bundesliga i do :P

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

well, granted bayern weren't spectacular today against bremen, but they are top of the league still. hopefully schalke will over take them, but then again, there's just something comforting and reassuring about schalke always tripping up. although if the red sox could break their curse, perhaps this is schalke's year as well.

i think bayern's 7-0 win against freiburg last week (i know, i know; against a side soon to be relegated and in a cup, not league match) was what prompted that egregious statement on my part. i apologize. :D

I see Chelsea lost To Norwich today 3-1. What has happened in Chelsea?

semperfi.gif

Being a Dortmund fan makes me not like Bayern very much lol.... I wouldnt count Bremen out yet though

Chelsea beat Norwich 3-1,whilest my boys could only muster a goalless draw so they are now 8 points adrift. :cursing:

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Being a Dortmund fan makes me not like Bayern very much lol.... I wouldnt count Bremen out yet though

Chelsea beat Norwich 3-1,whilest my boys could only muster a goalless draw so they are now 8 points adrift. :cursing:

I was counting on United beating Crystal Palace today! Ah well at least the Saints beat Spurs and are now just 2 points from safety!!

I have to say though manyt of trhe losers from the first legs in the champions league stand a chance of going through. Take Arsenal for example. They win 2-0 and they will be through, and thats not beyond the realms of possibility. Chelsea just need a 1-0 home win.

It looks at least as if two big teams should be in the final.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Bayern are good, but not great. Kahn is way past his prime, and they have some holes in their midfield and defence.

As far as TV ratings go, they will be up from last year. I didn't watch that stink of a final last May, partly because I loathe that dirty Porto team with a passion. (See: UEFA Cup Final, Seville 2003, Celtic 2 vs. Porto 3, AET :cursing::evil: )

Lyon sucks. There is absolutely no way they will make it past the quarter-finals. Celtic could whip them from one end of the pitch to the other! :P

ManUre sure did blow it today. Chelsea all but has the league title secure. Speaking of which, you're right, saintsfan. Chelsea's very much still in it, but I just can't see them getting their act together. José Mourinho is flipping mad.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

I see Chelsea lost To Norwich today 3-1. What has happened in Chelsea?

Just watched the game and I see now my source for my earlier statement had it backwards. Sorry.

semperfi.gif

Speaking of which, you're right, saintsfan. Chelsea's very much still in it, but I just can't see them getting their act together. José Mourinho is flipping mad.

Well he did coach Porto to the champions league with a much less talented squad of players. Though he is about the most arrogfant egotistical coach in the game right now. In Britain he has drawn parrallells to Brian Clough, if that reference means anything to anyone on the boards.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Porto is going to win again. Beleive it.

Really don't see that happeneing. I think they and Mourinho lucked out last year as the tournament fell just right for them, but this year I think the competition is far stronger, and Porto are meaker (for instance they have lost Carvalho to Chelsea).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived