Az cardinals concept

CDunn

I was looking through the Arizona Cardinals Ideas Section of SSUR.org ans decided to try my hand at it.  I don't usually do football stuff, my only previous one being a Detroit Lions set of unis and logos.  So, here it is.  I took the striping pattern from my Lightning jerseys that people felt had a southwestern fell.  The logo and striping and all that are all original.  I think I got the shade of red correct, but I'm not sure. Copy and Paste.  Comments?

Cardinals

P.S.  Check out the thread on the Lightning concepts because it's good, and the Soccer Logo Request thread because there is a logo there I did with no feedback. :(

Yeah, the logo doesn't fit at all.  The striping pattern is definitely nice.  The colours are a tad similar to the 'Niners, true.  Hm.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Despite what Brenty here said, I didn't just rip-off the niners template. I just went to Canis' uniform site and found that, coincidentally the helmet is the same, but that's about where the extreme similarities end. I don't follow or care about football, so I wasn't readily aware of the niners helmets.

1.I used the Cardinals color of red found in their logo, not niners red. 2.Many of the designs on SSUR.org used copper and I thought it looked nice, so I used it, too. My copper is actually the same shade I used on my Capitals concept, which I didn't get from the niners. The niners should actually use gold...think about it. Copper makes sense for an Arizona team, what with the desert and all.  California has desert, but Arizona has more.  All of Arizona is pretty dang hot, while Northern Cali can be cold and snowy.

3.The niners do use similar numbers, but they have a dropshadow, I don't. My number style is that of the STL Blues. It's the only block numbers I had. My numbers are on the shoulders like the niners, but that's where you put #'s on a jersey with big arm stripes.

4.As for the jersey colors being the same, white is obvious. But what color would I make a cardinals(!) jersey? Black? Cardinals are red so I,*gasp*, used a red jersey.

5. The collars are different. The niners use a collar that is one color. Mine is tri-striped.

6. The socks are different. The niners use red socks, mine are white with colored tops.

7. The pants are different. Besides the obvious striping difference, the niners wear copper pants and white pants, I only used white.

If I sound ticked, I am. It's frustrating that someone would pretty much say I just took the niners unis and added new sleeves. All my work is from scratch. I got the red from the AZ Cards, the Copper from my Caps unis, and the numbers from the Blues b/c it's the only one of that I had, but the rest is all mine. So, basically you're basing what you said on the helmet mistake(which nobody has mentioned) and the fact that I used copper. I'm not trying to make enemies here, but I needed to say all that.

Anywho, I redid the the entire thing using the yellow found in the current Cardinal's beak. I don't think it looks nearly as good, but as long as you don't call it a redskins rip-off, I'm happy. Also, my logo is changed a little in that I moved the eyes up.  I thinks it looks better now. I like the logo, I feels southwesterny to me.

so here's version 2.0. Copy and Paste. Comments?

Cards w/ yellow

First of all, settle down. You can't ask for comments, then get upset when people reply politely and honestly.

Second of all, I like both of these unis. I agree that the first set appears similar to the Niners, but that can be avoided by tweaking the shades of red and copper (which is different than gold, but that difference doesn't show up well on a computer monitor.)

Third, I'm sorry, but I don't like the logo either. Looks more like a Japanese movie monster than a bird. Then again, Cardinals is such a stupid name for a football team, I don't know what anyone is supposed to do with it.

I apologize if it sounded like i meant that in a bad way, cause i wasn't accusing you of anything. Sorry for it coming out that way. Your new one looks really good. The yellow, i think, is better for the team. For some reason yellow just looks like a good color for a team based in Arizona. I like the new one a whole lot better. Keep up your good work, Sabres.

NASCAR. Done. |

nextel_cup_logo.JPG

sorry I exploded.  I had a really bad day.  I completely understand what everyone is saying about the 49's resemblance.  Now that I think about it, that logo does look look like it's from a bad Japanese monster movie.:D .  

I really rushed doing that logo.  I'm gonna work on it some more.

Again, I'm sorry for the my previous post, and I know nothing said by anyone was meant in an accusing manner.

Well I was gonna say the first one is a bit too much like the Niners. Also the logo is a little scary. I like your second one with yellow, but I also like the idea of bronze. As someone said your color appears gold but it is difficult to differientiate on a monitor. If you could make your color bronzer and maybe make the helmet white like you did on the yellow concept I think it would look awesome other than the logo. I would say keep their current logo, maybe spruce it up a bit to fit the striping.

Personally I prefered the first design with the copper colour rather than yellow- only problem with a cool sleeve design like that is the amount of NFL player who roll sleeves up around pads and the such like so its unlikely to be used in the NFL, but great job anyway!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Hey, I can't seem the jerseys.   I've cut and paste and clicked on everything _ all I get is a Geocities messge saying I Page not found.

What do I do?  I want to check this out.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Thanks Snowcap - I figured it out now.

Hey Sabes,   Great job!  I like the stripes and the ARZ/Southwestern flavor.  I'd pay money for that.

I also like your 'bird', being a coach for the Cardinals, I keep my eye out on new stuff.  I like your concept.  

Personally, my taste, I am not a fan of white helmets. My team had a red helmet and we outline the logos in white to have them stand out.

But Like I said, that's my taste.  I love your work!

Keep up the good work!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived