Another Phillies Concept

zjac7

I've had this concept sitting around in my head for a while, and HatCityEnforcer's terrific old-school concept gave me the inspiration I've needed to go ahead and do it...

Feedback is welcome and appreciated! B)

phils.jpg

Thanks for the feedback everyone. As a lifelong Phils fan who grew up with the 70's-80's version of the "P", I really long for them to bring it back, I think the current wordmark is a little too busy for the front of a pinstriped jersey, but I also think it's a pretty cool wordmark, that's why I kept the logo and used it for the alt...

I really like HatCity's white jersey, but I thought it would look cleaner with less blue, I think it would be a great alt, even with the Phils' current set, especially if they wore blue socks and black shoes with it...

Maybe it doesn't all go together, but I think both logos can co-exist if done the right way!

Wow...I feel kinda honored...one my concepts spurs someone on to do something along the same lines :D

My one concern with the concept is having the number on the opposite sleeve from the logo....to me (and this is just my humble opinion here), I feel the number would look a lot better on the front opposite the P (like the old days)....

Other than that, it's pretty solid....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

That "Phillies" wordmark is "too busy"? :therock:

Eh, the old-school P is ok, or at least was for its time. As a kid, I always thought it was cool that the outline converged to make that seam-esque squiggle in the circle. But they moved on, and I'd say they moved up.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

call me crazy, but the old P looks more stylish, modern, and streamlined... if i didn't know better, i would have thought that the old P was the newer one.

Not the blue hats! Nooooooooooo! :!:

I've always disliked the numbers on the sleeves, plus like others have said, I'm not sure if the old/new mix works unless you change the "Phillies" script on the logo to match the 70's/80's one. Also, the white alternate looks a little too plain IMO....

I really like the blue hat, it reminds me of the late 1940's ones they wore. It'd be great as a new interleague hat, while retaining the current one for Sundays and holidays (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Dabor).

Author of B2S2.

Archived