Dodgers with sleeveless jerseys?

boardname

I went on the Hall of Fame's "Dressed to the Nines" exhibit to see what year it was that the Dodgers changed back from "Dodgers" to "Los Angeles" on their road jerseys. (It was 1999.) But according to this, they wore sleeveless road jerseys that year and that year only.. I don't ever remember seeing this. Does anyone have photographic proof?

nl_1998_losangeles_01.gif

nl_1999_losangeles_01.gif

nl_2000_losangeles_01.gif

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

I'm gonna go ahead and say that's an inaccuracy.

I don't remember ever seeing those. Plus, here is some recap with a photo from 1999, and while you can't see the script, you can see that the road jerseys are not sleeveless.

Perhaps they had an alt, but I really don't think so.

These are the MLB official images though, so perhaps the Dodgers were very close to actually having those jerseys.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that's an inaccuracy.

I don't remember ever seeing those. Plus, here is some recap with a photo from 1999, and while you can't see the script, you can see that the road jerseys are not sleeveless.

Perhaps they had an alt, but I really don't think so.

These are the MLB official images though, so perhaps the Dodgers were very close to actually having those jerseys.

I'm not sure about the sleeveless grays, but they wore a solid blue alternate for like a 10-game stretch a few years back.

I remember seeing that uniform in a videogame, either Griffey Slugfest or Triple Play 2000. one, possibly all of em. I also recall a prior Griffey game with the unused Blue Jays alt (the double blue one, complete with light blue sleeves)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived