Idea for Indoor Football Team

RedEye

Below is an idea for an indoor football team. The city name has been changed to protect the innocent! HA! Namely my butt!

Wanted a Gangs Of New York feel but in a more modern look. Colors are under development.

Any changes you would like to see?

brwlrs.jpg

He sure does have a skinny torso for being a muscle guy. thats my only negative about it, beef up that section, i know you were probably putting perspective into it, but it could be beefed up a lil more. otherwise, damn this is hot.

Nice work. 300 points. Only thing is that the fist on the helmet doesn't say "fierce" to me from the 50yard line to the field perspective. Maybe the mean looking face in the hat on the helmet.... :D

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

red eye - the positives are too numerous to list, but primarily i love the colors and the dude looks like a complete bad a$$ - great work

negatives (only 2) - i don't like the overlap of the "WLE" in brawlers and i think your secondary looks like the arm is severed...not necessarily a good look, in my opinion - i initially thought of an arm/writs coming to a blunt end, but that might look too much like the chicago enforcers logo - maybe if the fist were to poke out from behind a b or nj this could be a killer secondary in my opinion

jldesigns404eo.png

red eye - the positives are too numerous to list, but primarily i love the colors and the dude looks like a complete bad a$$ - great work

negatives (only 2) - i don't like the overlap of the "WLE" in brawlers and i think your secondary looks like the arm is severed...not necessarily a good look, in my opinion - i initially thought of an arm/writs coming to a blunt end, but that might look too much like the chicago enforcers logo - maybe if the fist were to poke out from behind a b or nj this could be a killer secondary in my opinion

Excellent pickup...very similar to what I was thinking, except I don't mind the overlapping letters in the name.

I've seen a few of RedEye's designs before. He does very good work.

I echo everything everyone has said.....RE: Outstanding work, severed arm, tiny waist and once again, awesome work.

I would add that his right (left to us) bicep area looks a little big and baggy. And not in a loose fitting shirt way, but in a tumor way.

Slight revisit? Little more fabric on the elbow area (which is closer to us anyway and should be bigger) little less on the 'cep?

Best part is the hands. Hands down! :D Ugh. Thats horrible. Sorry.

But seriously, hands get dumbed down and crap rendered so often. THese are exquisite.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Sterling,

Thanks for the comments. I can now see what you mean on the forearm. Will fix that for sure. I am going to give him more of a man's waist as well.

As for the helmet logo...I feared the severed arm look esp. the red accents. I originally had the guy's head on the helmet but thought maybe it was too blah by itself.

Tried the "B" But when it flips to the right side of the helmet it faces the back and unlike the packers logo it looked out of sorts when facing away from the facemask. Will revisit it anyway.

The arm...I was trying to avoid the Enforcers look and didn't want a 'swoosh' look. I wanted more of a forceful punch type look. Maybe I need to rethink that image altogether.

Thanks for the input so far guys! Very helpful after looking at it for so long you lose the subtle things people looking at it the first time see right away.

As for the helmet logo...I feared the severed arm look esp. the red accents. I originally had the guy's head on the helmet but thought maybe it was too blah by itself.

Tried the "B" But when it flips to the right side of the helmet it faces the back and unlike the packers logo it looked out of sorts when facing away from the facemask. Will revisit it anyway.

:rolleyes: Head on the helmet might be cool....give it a try!

On the "B", you can just always have it as a "B", facing the correct way. See the Baltimore Ravens bird logo on the helmets for an example of this.

Maybe you could make the fist punch look like a "B" with the fingers??? That might work too...

1000 points to Sterling.

I say this with total confidence this is a true statement: Those are the best rendered hands I've seen at least here, if not ever on a logo.

However, I do think your lines could be simplified in them (the hands) to match the rest of hte look you've got going. The lines and creases in the face are thicker and a little more cartoony. Which is great and I love the look. But I think that's why the hands stand out so much, they are so accurate while the rest is simplified. Thicker lines and a little simplification would go along way.

No matter what excellent job. I'm jealous of this.

Just saw this minute point, but maybe make the eyes on the dude red. That would look totally fierce! And for RedEye designs, that should be a snap (or an airbrush....) B)

Here are some revisions after all of the input.

Fixed the forearm, waistline, eyeballs, and decided to try the head on the helmet.

Changed the helmet color to the wine color...I envision the helmet being a rich deep red / wine color...

I thickened up the lines in the hands without simplifying them too much and I think this works well.

Comments?

brwlrs2.jpg

Now that is swwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

Love the red eyes on the logo too. Guy looks good on the helmet...good choice of the red/wine color.

Excellent!!

7591 points + another 2409 for taking my suggestion to make the eyes red.....

:notworthy::notworthy:

Man! Both ideas are brilliant! I like the second helmet and the fist logo, but I'd pump up the arm a bit. Either one would make an awesome design. Just make sure the rest of the uniform screams as loud as these do. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Love the color scheme and both helmet designs. The logo is killer. I prefer it without the red eyes though. They make him look like an evil brawler as opposed to just a PO'd brawler.

that's a good point too...

I guess I'm seeing the "he's out for blood" mentality, kind like an enforcer-type guy for like the mafia or something.....like Don Corleone or something....

....either your signature or your brains are gonna be on that paper.... :upside:

1000 hit points

Archived