Reds Home Uniforms

jm1266

While watching last night's Pirates/Reds game, I noticed something odd about the "C-REDS" logo on some of the uniforms including that of pitcher Randy Keisler. It seemed to be showing a lot of black. The word "REDS" inside the wishbone "C" was smaller and flush right. Meanwhile, some of his teammates wear wearing unis where "REDS" was larger and centered. I thought some of the Reds might have been wearing leftover 2004 vests while others might have had on 2005's. However, they all had the Majestic logo on the shoulder so they had to be new as of this year. The discepency seems to be in the logo patch on the left breast. Has anybody else noticed this?

These were the best photos I could find of yesterday's game...

Ryan Freel (6) in the "normal" jersey:

capt.csa10905252056.nationals_reds_csa109.jpg

Randy Keisler (57) in the "bizarro" jersey:

capt.csa10705250353.nationals_reds_csa107.jpg

The angle on the Keisler photo isn't the best for looking at the logo, but I think I can see what you're talking about. Not sure why that is, but it definitely looks off from here.

How do you pick this stuff up? Do most of you watch games looking for flaws? It's not a bad thing, I'm just curious!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Some people just think they see things and then they start looking for them and then they find them. I applaud the guy for being able to spot them from that far away....

spacer.pngΒ Β 5-time Defending NL East ChampionsΒ spacer.pngΒ 

I applaud the guy for being able to spot them from that far away....

I agree, that's why I asked. ^_^

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I turned on the game as Keisler was pitching, so there were a lot of close ups on his jersey. For whatever reason, it just kind of looked odd. So when the Reds batted and they showed close ups for each hitter, I was able to notice the difference. It's probably not a big deal to a lot of people but it's nice to have this forum to bring it up.

This is a good catch, I totally see what you're talking about. I wonder, could it have something to do with the jersey size? Possibly they use a bigger patch on bigger jerseys, but still use the same size on the "REDS" font?

Good theory, but I doubt they have different size patches / letters for different sizes of jerseys. The jerseys arent that much bigger/smaller than one another to warrant that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

When I play MVP Baseball with the Reds in a game, they're always in the plain white or grey, no question. Can't stand the extra black.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

I guess the only thing to do is ditch the Reds uniforms and wear the 1970 style.

every reds fan that isn't a jackass (alot of them are) would agree with you on that.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I guess the only thing to do is ditch the Reds uniforms and wear the 1970 style.
sounds good to me- i really like the all red alt jerseys tho maybe they should make those regulars

Archived