NLL to go with 11 teams

officeglenn

Looks like the National Lacrosse League will go ahead with 11 teams this year, according to their website. Two expansion teams are in Edmonton and Portland, while the Anaheim Storm have suspended operations and will have their players dispersed at a later date. They were also looking at expansion into New York City and New England (I kept hearing Hartford), but that will now have to wait until next year.

Didn't the NLL/MILL have a team in New York at one time? I think it might have been the Saints, but I'm not sure.

And it's funny you mentioned you kept hearing Hartford for an expansion team, we've heard nil about it up here...a well-kept secret, perhaps?

Β 

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Didn't the NLL/MILL have a team in New York at one time? I think it might have been the Saints, but I'm not sure.

They did and it was called the Saints. I went to one of their games once.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Yeah, I believe they played on Long Island up until a couple of years ago. I remember they were in the league the first season that the Calgary Roughnecks were, but not any longer than that.

Yeah, I believe they played on Long Island up until a couple of years ago. I remember they were in the league the first season that the Calgary Roughnecks were, but not any longer than that.

They were around from 1987-2003 (origianlly called the New Jersey Saints)

http://www.answers.com/topic/national-lacrosse-league

I saw, I came, I left.

geoff I think you need a bigger sig.

this has to do with lacrosse but not with anything your talking about, I just want to say that Dublin Jerome high school as of today is home to the Division 1B lacrosse state champions. Pretty amazing considering we don't have any seniors. Carry on.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

The game I went was against Calgary. It was Calgary's third game ever and first in America.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I guess further to this, and so as not to start another topic, the NLL announced on their website Wednesday that they will expand their playoff format to eight teams, four from each division, for next year.

The East Division will remain unchanged from last year (Rochester, Toronto, Philadelphia, Minnesota and Buffalo), while Edmonton and Portland join Arizona, Calgary, San Jose and Colorado in the West and Anaheim drops out to make a six-team division.

Eight of 11 teams making the playoffs, huh? :therock: I guess it means more revenue for teams hosting games, but it could also lead to uncompetitive first-round matchups.

Archived