mariners concept

NDwas

I like to see my M's with some piping, too...

As for other stuff I'm just gonna rant about for a moment that you probably won't care about.... I'd rather see something with the first trident logo than the '79 All-Star Game trident logo, but that's just my preference. I also think you're gonna run into trouble around here with the black, although I think you did a good job executing it.

Now back to the important stuff.

I think the wordmark needs some more punch. I'm not sure what, but something.

I'm not sure a black trident on a black cap would work well, I would try switching up the colors of the trident or the hat. That said, I like the blue alt cap.

I like the blue alt. uni, although I think someone may charge you with "Rockies-ification" of the design (colored vest, colored sleeves).

Good call on the return of "Baseball club" to the wordmark, and manager Mike Hargrove is #21... or if you want to reach back into the vault a little bit, you can pick out Alvin Davis for the number.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

NO MORE BLACK!!! NO MORE TEAMS ADDING BLACK!!!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

NO MORE BLACK!!! NO MORE TEAMS ADDING BLACK!!!

i know you and many other people on ccslc hate the idea of teams adding black to their color scheme, but black happens to be my favorite color - it gives the unis/logo a slimmer, more chic look and, in my opinion, makes it look a hell of a lot better...so in the mean time, the black is gonna stay

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

61ea5dae.jpg

Try making the trident white or silver. May look and show up a little better on the black. Nice work, but would rather see in current colors and probably added piping to the front of the jerseys. Numbers on back are a little big, but that's a minor quibble. All in all, I like it and a well made modernization of a classic logo. B)

Nice idea with the waves.

I think this is probably just an optical illusion that my monitor or myself are simply very susceptible to, but it seems a lot of times like the wordmarks on the unis are sorta falling off to the right. Maybe you can use the wave idea to either make that look on purpose or make it not matter.

Oh, and I liked the blue vest a little more. :P

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

the upside-down trident is a symbol of bad luck. that's why the m's ditched the "M/Trident" logo in the first place. i like the uniform concept over all. im not a fan of black being added for the sack of adding black, but seeing as the roayls are the only black and blue mlb team, the m's could pull it off. even more so when considering teh roayls will soon be dumping the black from their unis. my sugestions for this concept would be to come up with a differnt wordmark and logo. ur on teh right track, just keep tweeking it. wouldnt mind seeing a lighter blue as well.

here's my update...

Are the gradients on the letters and numbers intentional? Gradients on jerseys kinda scare me (think: Rainbow D-Rays). Have you tried keeping the wordmark on the unis non-italicized or flat on the top and arched on the bottom? Just some ideas to throw out there.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Archived