Is anyone else sick and tired

CaolinaJoe

of MLB shoving the Red Sox down our throats?

You can't blame Fox or ESPN when it's the schedule makers. Don't get me wrong, I like the Sox and have since I was a little kid. But enough is enough already!

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

no. There the World Series Champions. I'm sick of them shoving the Yankees down our throats. THey have been forever, and they havent even won anything since 2000. Theyll put them on no matter WHO theyre playing.

I think the media (and some fans) are just happy that they have a team other than the Yankees to focus on.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I think it is getting to the point where the Sox are the team everyone hates.

And I don't want to hear Red Sox fan say Yankee fans are arrogant. Because Red Sox fans are acting as arrogant as some Yankee fans after 1 World Series. I don't remember my fellow Yankee Fans being as arrogant after they won in '96.

And for all the talk about the Yankee Sucking this year (and they have) the Red Sox are only 3 games in front of them (that is if they hold on tonight). And last time I checked (which was right now), as of today Boston isn't in the playoffs.

To sum up, shut up and let the season play out.

Red Sox and Cubs from Wrigley Field. Think about it. Two teams whose historical failures have almost mirrored each other, up until last season. Two teams with the some of the most beautiful ballparks in the league. The last times these two teams played each other was 1918.

You're sick of the Red Sox? Too bad. Start making the playoffs more often, and win the World Series.

Or don't watch. I'm sure there's a high-scoring basketball game on, or a mushy Lifetime movie-of-the-week on for you to watch.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Why wouldn't they be showing a lot of these games? Against the Yankees, Orioles, Cardinals, and Cubs? These games are all matchups between very good teams, and against teams that also have pretty large followings. Why would these networks show other games that they don't think will get as many viewers?

IUe6Hvh.png

I thought you had pretty good historical matchups this weekend that deserved to have the hype associated with them.

I mean, you have the most successful AL team (in terms of WS championships) vs. the most successful NL team (again, in terms of WS championships) play each other at Busch Stadium in a rematch of the 64 series. Which was won by in 7 by Bob Gibson against Mel Stouldmire, who's the Pitching coach of the yankees.

Then you have the two teams that are most associated with Bad Luck in the history of baseball, possibly all of sports squaring up in the best ballpark in america. The first match up of the teams since the 1918 World Series. I also believe this was the Red Sox first ever visit to wrigley (the '18 series was played at comisky for more seating)

It was a pretty good weekend for interleague play IMO.

Now, yes IMO ESPN is focus' on the yankees and red sox a bit too much. But this weekend it was well deserved because of the history in the matchups. I don't notice it as much here cause I was FSN and they just focus on Cardinals all the time. Which is fine for this area.

I thought you had pretty good historical matchups this weekend that deserved to have the hype associated with them.

I mean, you have the most successful AL team (in terms of WS championships) vs. the most successful NL team (again, in terms of WS championships) play each other at Busch Stadium in a rematch of the 64 series. Which was won by in 7 by Bob Gibson against Mel Stouldmire, who's the Pitching coach of the yankees.

Then you have the two teams that are most associated with Bad Luck in the history of baseball, possibly all of sports squaring up in the best ballpark in america. The first match up of the teams since the 1918 World Series. I also believe this was the Red Sox first ever visit to wrigley (the '18 series was played at comisky for more seating)

Now, yes IMO ESPN is focus' on the yankees and red sox a bit too much. But this weekend it was well deserved because of the history in the matchups. I don't notice it as much here cause I was FSN and they just focus on Cardinals all the time. Which is fine for this area.

Very, very well said.

I'll repeat what some have said already. If you don't like it, don't watch. I personally love my Sox on ESPN all the time, so I'll watch. (That's also because I haven't missed a game in 6 years.) It could be worse. They could be shoving a sucky team down your throat.

Just watch it to appreciate the game of baseball and stop worrying about who's playing.

i just hope the sox and yankees both miss the playoffs so we can all sit back and watch in octotber as ESPN and FOX sadly attempt to incorporate them into every single broadcast anyway.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

there are 29 other teams in baseball, and quite a few of them are worse than the yankees. i dunno why the "skanks" suckiness has to make headlines every day. they are playing the same teams everyone else does (in the AL at least) and they are just another team like the rest of the teams. they're just another crappy team IMO, ESPN and BBTN should just let it go. but then again, i have to wait 30 minutes to see cubs highlights every nite, or baseball highlights of any kind for that matter because the NBA finals apparently takes prescidence over 15 major league baseball games being played. i hate ESPN.

there are 29 other teams in baseball, and quite a few of them are worse than the yankees. i dunno why the "skanks" suckiness has to make headlines every day. they are playing the same teams everyone else does (in the AL at least) and they are just another team like the rest of the teams. they're just another crappy team IMO, ESPN and BBTN should just let it go. but then again, i have to wait 30 minutes to see cubs highlights every nite, or baseball highlights of any kind for that matter because the NBA finals apparently takes prescidence over 15 major league baseball games being played. i hate ESPN.

yep... just another crappy team with a $200 million payroll. :rolleyes:

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't mind the Red Sox getting the love. They need it. After breaking the curse and so forth, you'd think that they'd get most of the love.

Personally, I want to see more Mariner games and less of the Cubs. Now, those fans are now the worst in baseball.

I mean, you have the most successful AL team (in terms of WS championships) vs. the most successful NL team (again, in terms of WS championships) play each other at Busch Stadium in a rematch of the 64 series.  Which was won by in 7 by Bob Gibson against Mel Stouldmire, who's the Pitching coach of the yankees. 

Then you have the two teams that are most associated with Bad Luck in the history of baseball, possibly all of sports squaring up in the best ballpark in america.  The first match up of the teams since the 1918 World Series.  I also believe this was the Red Sox first ever visit to wrigley (the '18 series was played at comisky for more seating)

Now, yes IMO ESPN is focus' on the yankees and red sox a bit too much.  But this weekend it was well deserved because of the history in the matchups.  I don't notice it as much here cause I was FSN and they just focus on Cardinals all the time.  Which is fine for this area.

Very, very well said.

I'll repeat what some have said already. If you don't like it, don't watch. I personally love my Sox on ESPN all the time, so I'll watch. (That's also because I haven't missed a game in 6 years.) It could be worse. They could be shoving a sucky team down your throat.

Just watch it to appreciate the game of baseball and stop worrying about who's playing.

I do appreciate the game and that is why I plopped down the $150 for MLB Extra Inning. I watch a ton of Sox games and Yankee games, but I prefer them on NESN and YES. Friggin Blackout rules prevent mr from seeing my O's as much as I would like. I hate Angelos, why does he get broadcast rights in Charlotte? But that's a whole different topic.

But, I have to believe at this point ESPN and FOX have to be feeling a ratings backlash from the abundance of Sox/Yankees games. Not everyone can be a Yankee/Sox fan.

A World Series rematch, I can see that.

Opening Day, Yankees vs.Sox, I can see that.

The Sox are no longer associated with bad luck, that mantle belongs solely to the Cubs now. Besides, weren't the Cubs more of a bad team than an unlucky team?

Does anyone really care about a '64 rematch? Where was the '79 rematch of the O's and Sister Sledge or the '70 reamtch of the O's and Reds?

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Does anyone really care about a '64 rematch? Where was the '79 rematch of the O's and Sister Sledge or the '70 reamtch of the O's and Reds?

But it wasn't only the '64 rematch. Again, you had the two most "successful" franchises in their respective leagues, and the two most "unlucky or bad" (whatever you want to call it) franchises going against each other.

And to boot, 4 of the most popular teams in the league going at each other.

And two of the biggest rivalry's in baseball reversed. (which really isn't that interesting I guess unless you were a fan of 2 of the clubs)

Like I said, I agree with you any other time on the over exposure of the sox and yanks on espn, however this weekend I felt it made sense.

Archived