Mavs navy blue throwbacks

DGivens87

pantone beat me to the punch...shoot, I saw those in Champs last year ;)

though I do recall pantone mentioning that the Mavs wore royal blue road jerseys in their first season before switching to green

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

rewind_dal41nvy_f.jpg

what year did the Mavs wear these? I like them better than the green throwback.

I'm trying to find one of these in a medium, any suggestions?

That IS just a fashion jersey. I used to sell those when I was the Assistant Manager at Champs here in Springfield. We used to get a lot of those Nike Rewind jerseys that were recolored to the modern colors. We had a Yao Ming rewind of the Rockets Jerseys from their championship seasons in the early 90's that was recolored in Navy and Red (it came out before their newest red and gray uni's). We had some others that were like that that I can't remember off hand. I left Champs July of last year, so it's been almost a year, too long for my crappy memory..........................what was I talkin about. Forget it. B)

These fashion jerseys approximate the look that the Mavs had, but in their present colors, like what McCall was saying. It's close to the old green uniforms (first 2 pics), but without the unique numbers, and the "DALLAS" should be more rounded. And it also sorta looks like the uniforms they had before the present set (last pic), with the same numbers, but the "DALLAS" is also a little off. See for yourself:

Harper.jpgDavisBlackmanAguirre.jpg

Mashburn.jpg

Fashion all the way... :wacko:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

yeah except for the numbers those are like the 1980-81 jerseys, except the blue is too dark

I know the Mavs wore green road uniforms early on (the Brad Davis/Rolando Blackman/Mark Aguirre years) and switched to the blue-based road sets during the Jason Kidd/Jamal Mashburn/Jimmy Jacksop/Toni Braxton (!) years.

The dark navy of the fashion jersey represents the colors the Mavs wear now. Same for the silver.

Look at what McCall said - they're Nike fashion jerseys, the Rewind series. Today's players from today's teams wearing the retro styles with today's colors . Thus, silver and navy with the '80s-themed lettering. They should've gone with the Brad Davis-style numbers and been a little more faithful to the curvature of the "DALLAS" in the old, green uniforms.

EDIT: Thank you Discrim & Pantone. I could not find pictures, and I wasn't sure when the Mavs got their greens. I didn't think they were originally green but the earliest pictures I could find were from the 2nd season. Were the originals blue and silver or blue and green? I didn't think silver came along until the Cuban Era.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

As Discrim mentioned, the Mavs wore Blue road uniforms in their first year (1980-1981), and switched to Green on the road starting in 1981-1982.

I watched a LOT of Mavs games that expansion year (I was a freshman at North Texas in 1980-1981), and always liked the Blue roads better than the subsequent Green.

i recall a lot of Nike's rewind jerseys-shoot, does anyone own the Hawks "Reef" jersey? :D i remember seeing it in Finish Line, and then next thing I know they pulled that version for ShaREEF versions :hockeysmiley:

the only Bucks rewind I ever saw, oddly, was for that transient Gary Payton. the 80s/early 90s design in gray w/green lettering trimmed in white...complete with the triple green/white rainbow sidepanels B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Not a big fan of the Mavs, but I saw that jersey and had to buy it. Looks good. I think it's an upgrade over what they have

I wish I was as smart as you when I saw one a couple years ago at Champs...then again, now that I think about it...it wasn't as much smarts as it was I was still in college and I was poor :mad:

Archived