Milwaukee Bucks Logo and Colors

jtsteward

There had been a lot of talk surrounding the Milwaukee Bucks about scrapping the purple in the color scheme and going back to the red that Lou "Kareem Abdul Jabaar" Alcindor and the Oscar "The Big O" Robertson made famous by wiining and NBA Title with. What do you guys think? If there are any concepts on the Old Colors and Logo feel free to post or if you have a new uni concept with the same colors and and same logo as today post that too. Feel free to change the logo and colors at your discresion.

I don't see them going back to their previous logo - Bambi spinning the ball on his hoof was too cutesy by half.

But a return to the 80s side-stripe model might be worth looking at. As for colors, go back to the green and red, now that Seattle has dropped it.

The current stuff is highly forgettable, just like the team.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Their current logo has to go as well.

It's just terrible. Man-shoulders, pig snout...eyes centered on the head (again, like a man, not a deer) and all rolled up into a played-out purple pile of junk "mounted" on a triangle.

They could return to red, do a cool two-tone green like Dallas does blue, or add the tan/bronze color from the original Bango into the set. All of which would thrash what they wear now.

please please please.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

RedsFan: It's a little spare. A couple ideas...

1. All caps on the last name. The only major-league team that did this recently (the old Bullets, about 12-13 years ago) dumped it. A couple teams in the minors do it. Don't do it.

2. These just don't pop the way I'm sure the team would like - just green and white, simple font, block numerals and wide, white trim with a logo on the hip. It needs something more without getting too cluttered - another trim color, a catchier wordmark... another element or two would help immensely.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

No, I meant you should have all caps for the last name. Uppercase and lowercase letters just don't look right for player names.

And it's a good start, don't get me wrong... but that's what it looks like, I work in progress.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

with the talk of red added in i was thinking of havin the sleeve maybe be two-tone along with the neck. lemme mess with it and i'll get back to you

btw anyone know what the old shade of red was?

I'm not 100% about this, but it looks to be Pantone Red #200. I think it's the same color as what the St. Louis Cardinals wear. There are others with better access to better resources than what I can offer.

2007nleastchamps.png

I believe the original color scheme was supposed to be green (like the Packers) and red (like the Badgers, who indeed use PMS 200, although they should be "cardinal," however you define that). That morphed into the late '70s look of forest, kelly and lime green and red, and then in the '80s the red went away. And then the cursed purple arrived in the '90s, courtesy of Mike Dunleavy, ex-Lakers coach.

Packers-2.png

Bucks should be wearing green and red. Maybe two or three greens. But definitely green and red. Purple and green is Barney. The logo is a deer caught in headlights. Scrap it. Now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived