UniWatch

no97

I loved the Rome Braves' "Jimmy Buffett Night" aloha-shirt unis. I've always wanted to see a team use a tropical hibiscus print as an alt shirt. Until the political situation changes and the expansion Havana Missiles join the big leagues, the Marlins or the Padres would be the right teams for the tropical-shirt alt.

In the meantime, here is an update of a uni set I made when I was thinking about naming my fantasy baseball team the Tikis (I've changed the team's location to "Hawaii" so it makes a little more sense than what I was going to call the team).

tiki-home.png

tiki-road.png

I'd love to see just one team somewhere run with aloha-shirt unis.

20082614447.png

That whole thing with the Cubs' helmet logo was something I didn't know ... guess you learn something new every day.

I loved the Rome Braves' "Jimmy Buffett Night" aloha-shirt unis. I've always wanted to see a team use a tropical hibiscus print as an alt shirt. Until the political situation changes and the expansion Havana Missiles join the big leagues, the Marlins or the Padres would be the right teams for the tropical-shirt alt.

In the meantime, here is an update of a uni set I made when I was thinking about naming my fantasy baseball team the Tikis (I've changed the team's location to "Hawaii" so it makes a little more sense than what I was going to call the team).

tiki-home.png

tiki-road.png

I'd love to see just one team somewhere run with aloha-shirt unis.

You should put the "Magnum" player's # as 3.14.. or pi... or Magnum PI.

Alright, lame. B)

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Judging from the cap logo, I take it you were planning to call the team the Easter Islanders? :P

tzch6.jpg

I think Lukas' column is getting better. His junk is certainly more interesting than in the past. The Cubs batting helmet bit was pure gold, and his tennis chronology was very well done.

I think that people like Creamer and the gang keeping him honest has reflected positively in his writing.

I think Lukas' column is getting better. His junk is certainly more interesting than in the past. The Cubs batting helmet bit was pure gold, and his tennis chronology was very well done.

I think that people like Creamer and the gang keeping him honest has reflected positively in his writing.

When he does actual reporting, he's always been good. When he's just pontificating, he's not that interesting. I mean, now that there's no reason to wear two layers of socks - stirrups and sanitaries - what possible reason could there be for wishing players would do so? It makes no more sense to champion baseball stirrups now than it would to wish Indy cars still had wood-spoked wheels like racing cars had 80 years ago. And there's really nothing wrong with purple as such; a critic should know better. If a food critic doesn't like broccoli, he should either avoid reviewing restaurants that serve broccoli or he should rise above his bias and tell us whether the broccoli was cooked right.

But his reporting always been pretty good.

20082614447.png

That whole thing with the Cubs' helmet logo was something I didn't know ... guess you learn something new every day.

We had the Cubs helmet logo info here last month.

Must've missed that one.

Archived