Washington Baseball

P.I.L.L.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

doesn't MLB have a rule that you cannot have an image or likness of a baseball present on a uniform?

just a general question, I thought at one time they did.

I say this because you logo actually works well on the white uni top. I would suggest a white hat, colored brim.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Oh, okay....thank you. And I only bash because I care. I cant think of one team with a baseball on the hat...maybe youre trying to break the mold and can put me to shame.

Im actually trying to go incognito from my High School, I dont want to be found :D but if youre trully impressed, no BS, you can put it back up. My photo profs describe it as "Neo-Surrealism", I need to figure out what the *#$@! that means!

I've always liked that Washington dome logo. I wish you had stuck with that as a more prominent idea.

Oh, okay....thank you. And I only bash because I care. I cant think of one team with a baseball on the hat...maybe youre trying to break the mold and can put me to shame.

Im actually trying to go incognito from my High School, I dont want to be found :D but if youre trully impressed, no BS, you can put it back up. My photo profs describe it as "Neo-Surrealism", I need to figure out what the *#$@! that means!

I've always liked that Washington dome logo. I wish you had stuck with that as a more prominent idea.

cyandlux's "neo surrealistic" photos...

my favorites of the grad series are the 4th from the right (blue image taking cover) and the 4th from the left (tree superimposed w/ supernova )

true, no MLB team has a baseball on the cap, yet ;~) ... ironically enough, the NATIONALS have a baseball on their sleeve patch design... perhaps there are other teams also, not sure.

as far as the baseball / dome design... still going back and forth w/ the wordmark part of it... it'd be nice if someone here could fix it once and for all, cause I'm still not satisfied w/ it...

btw, thanks LT.

must be a BP cap then ... cause I'd never seen it used in a game. anywayyy... the concept is good, but I think the fangs get lost in the ball too much, maybe they could have curved them into the seems, as well as been more defined

From what I can remember about the MLB rule and uniforms, there can't be anything on the front that mimics the lacing or stitching of a baseball. I don't think it matters with sleeve patches, because I can think of a few that have baseballs in them.

The last team I can remember that used a logo with a baseball in it might have been the Angels of the late 90's (Angels of the Outfield era). But even then, it was too stylized to be confused with baseball stitches.

I don't know any MLB team that uses a baseball on the cap (except for BP). Minor League, I'm sure there are plenty.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I don't know any MLB team that uses a baseball on the cap (except for BP).

The Mariners regular hat has one in the middle of the compass, it's just bigger on the BP hat.

Excellent point...but it's really, really tiny.

authen-mariners-game-f-6.jpg

Oh, and just because a couple of teams already do it doesn't mean that P.I.L.L. (or anyone else) should. The ball just doesn't belong. With the Seattle and Arizona BP caps and especially the pic in this post, the ball is not the dominant aspect of the design. That's not the case with P.I.L.L.'s latest design, but I do think this iteration is better than most of what has come before it (of course, seeing it on a better template always helps :D). I wish I could see the August versions agains because those were truly unique designs. These are nice, but they don't have that flair those mid-Summer ones did.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived