Washington Baseball

P.I.L.L.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
602_cjDC22.jpg

Thanks Tempest... "Focus instead on quality control and better execution of design principles in your work"... and others who've offered genuine constructive criticism.

Well, now your logo looks like QC, so I guess you've successfully focused on Quality Control.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

:rolleyes: funny, this is almost exactly what the logo looked like (a month ago) when the feedback from (unbiased) critics was overwhelmingly positive. just more balanced now... and I don't see how you see the Q as a D ?

The top of the C does not match the bottom of the C at all. The top should not be so square if the bottom has no straight lines at all.

The drop shadows are not the same thickness in all spots. Leads to uneven depth.

The bottom of the D does not look like it connects to the loop. If you look real hard you can tell which way the shape would go, but the matchup does not look even.

The bottom of the ball should not overlap with the drop shadow on the C.

If you're going for the letters being the stitches, they are too close together and not the right shape. And the ball is not round.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Hitler! Nazis!

There, Godwin's Law is invoked and this thead must end.

I'm about to become the biggest geek ever, but here goes...

Quirk's exception to Godwin's law states: Intentional invocation of this so-called "Nazi Clause" is ineffectual.

It is considered poor form to arbitrarily raise such a comparison with the motive of ending the thread. -- Wikipedia

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

:rolleyes: funny, this is almost exactly what the logo looked like (a month ago) when the feedback from (unbiased) critics was overwhelmingly positive. just more balanced now... and I don't see how you see the Q as a D ?

Who's biased? If people don't like it, then they don't like it. That doesn't mean that anyone's biased. It's nothing against you personally...at least not for me.

Oh, and please drop the baseball, develop the letters then put the baseball back up there, develop that, THEN post your revisions...or just stop posting to this altogether.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

You see what you want to see, and hear what you want to hear. All you do is object to anything that doesn't praise your work.

The best you had this was quite a few versions ago, when it was almost symmetrical. Since then, all your tweaks have lost the balance that it once had. It doesn't even look like a baseball anymore.

And the tail sticking out from the lower right of the D makes it look like a Q.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You see what you want to see, and hear what you want to hear. All you do is object to anything that doesn't praise your work.

The best you had this was quite a few versions ago, when it was almost symmetrical. Since then, all your tweaks have lost the balance that it once had. It doesn't even look like a baseball anymore.

And the tail sticking out from the lower right of the D makes it look like a Q.

I'm with slapshot on this one.

You had a great design. But that was five or six redesigns, and countless weeks ago. But something made you keep tinkering with this, and some of the nicer aspects of this concept - chief among them how you used negative space to imply a baseball between the letters, and how the letters served a dual purpose finishing the baseball and serving as "D" and "C" - are fading away. I'm also seeing a Q, so unless you're marketing this to Quebec City, you're straying from your original idea.

And now you're getting to the point where every subsequent iteration accomplishes only two things. On the design front, it makes the logo look less and less like what you're going for. On the larger front, you're only incurring the wrath of your fellow board members. We've reached the point where people are asking for this concept to be put down, and you're not going to get a lot of quality C&C because you're just pissing off people every time this thing sprouts legs again and comes back for another round.

There is a decent idea buried somewhere in all this. But you're getting farther and farther from it, and it's looking like nobody's ever going to give you the benefit of the doubt if you continue to trot this out over and over; as it is, I'm trying to be objective and honest, but you're making it harder and harder for me to do that, because I get upset every time I see this thing creep back up the thread list. Cut your losses.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

VitaminD, you couldn't have said it any better.

The only reason I even KNOW it's a ball formed by the D and C is because I saw your first version in like June when I joined here. You've strayed too far away and you need to let this fade, please. Just my 2 cents.

Do you even read your feedback?

yes, always... and thanks Gregjigga / Shmee... for your constructive criticisms. :suspect: almost there... just attempt to look objectively, as the DC logo IS substantially different / improved... Constructive criticism is still genuinely appreciated... and pardon me~ to those who are offended by my postings... as Howard Stern says, you don't have to listen... ie: don't look at the thread if it pisses you off so much. (btw, I'll reduce my sig soon...

and lack of heed to suggestions

huh ? ok, well the "Q" is gone... "C" is a new font, and it's once again symmetrical... what goes "unheeded" is the (apparently popular) concept of quitting. have a nice day. :hockeysmiley:

and lack of heed to suggestions

huh ? ok, well the "Q" is gone... "C" is a new font, and it's once again symmetrical... what goes "unheeded" is the (apparently popular) concept of quitting. have a nice day. :hockeysmiley:

I disagree... I still see aspects of the Q in there. In trying to correct that problem (I assume - since you pulled the last 2 revisions you did in the last 24 hours, I can't track the evolution of the concept), you've muddied up the D to the point where it's difficult to recognize it. I don't understand what the 'horn' you've taken out of the D is supposed to represent; it doesn't strengthen the ball idea in the least.

The feedback you received stated that the ball was much better when it was implied... you're now going out of your way to have us "see" the ball, which is just making it far worse. If you want a study in using negative space, look at the Hartford Whalers logo; the H is subtle and implied, and there's no design elements included whose sole purpose is to say, "Hey, look over here! I'm an H!" What's more, the design stands fine on its own even if you don't see the H.

Your DC logo does neither of those things. The letters are too convoluted at this point to stand on their own as DC letters, and the implied negative space ball is forced and largely unrecognizeable as a ball at this point.

People are telling you to quit because of exactly what jpslapshot22 said - you selectively read and 'filter' peoples' feedback, your revisions don't necessarily reflect the changes folks are proposing, and you are far too sensitive to critical feedback that may be harsh, but accurate. You'll need to correct all those flaws if you intend on a career in this field.

Archived