Washington Baseball

P.I.L.L.

Hey Christos,

You should stop. We all want ya to :P

Anyways, I would go with the second one down. Its a ton better. Get rid of that little point on the C. Also make the right top and bottom corners and make them straight to match the D. Also get rid of the serifs in the D.

Outline around the baseball needs to match the blue outline on the DC. Stitches need to be thinned up, maybe show some detail in them.

The gray outline I would have it go around everything when done, and not have it as thick as the blue.

I would keep it to a total of 3 colors (not including white), the red, blue, and gray.

Its getting better, keep it up.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Christos,

You should stop. We all want ya to :P

Anyways, I would go with the second one down. Its a ton better. Get rid of that little point on the C. Also make the right top and bottom corners and make them straight to match the D. Also get rid of the serifs in the D.

Outline around the baseball needs to match the blue outline on the DC. Stitches need to be thinned up, maybe show some detail in them.

The gray outline I would have it go around everything when done, and not have it as thick as the blue.

I would keep it to a total of 3 colors (not including white), the red, blue, and gray.

Its getting better, keep it up.

good C&C mings

buffalo_sig.png

It seems like you might have a winner if you use the font from the second concept and use that in the style of the first. The font in the original just seems a little too ultra-modern. What you might try doing is to maybe have the letters offset in a diagonal, and possibly have a baseball in the middle.

VmWIn6B.png

• 3 weeks later...

I like the capital dome and batting senator logos, but not the DC or the W. Why not use the Washington script from the capital logo on the the jerseys and put the senator on the cap or the W from the script on the caps?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The DC stitches might not be a bad idea, but I think it would help a lot if they looked more like actual baseball stitches. For some reason they look like zippers to me right now. How to accomplish this I can't really say though - I am not that good drawing them myself.

LT

The DC logo on the black jersey caps is by far the best thing there. The problem of course, is that even that logo is flawed.

The W/N/Monument looks sloppy and disjointed in comparison. The other DC logo is just not good.

I'd suggest tweaking the DC logo that you have on the black set so that the stitches on the ball are much less intense.

I'd suggest dropping everything else and just rolling with that one. And then, maybe, this will go away.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I havent really chimed in here I dont think, so here are my 2 cents:

The motion marks, or whatever that is on the D has to go. It gives the logo a weird balance. It sits way to far off to the left, it just isnt working.

Also, the baseball marks on the DC without the baseball, just looks goofy. Yeah, we know its mimicing a baseball, but without the ball in the middle, it istn working. Saying that, I think having the ball in the middle with the DC is a clever logo. I do like that. Good job.

The W/N logo has potential, it just needs to be executed in a better font I think. The one on the red jersey isnt even properly outlined in the blue. But work on this some more, it may lead to something.

As for the primary logo, this should just be scrapped and start over. The red swoosh in there looks forced. The right idea is there, but it looks like 2 different logos plopped onto each other. There is no harmony between them.

Lastly, scrap the black alt (No relation to the current colors), lose the white cap (its been tried, it doesnt work IMO), and please, please ditch the Batting Politician.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I'm sorry PILL, but very little in the updated identity is appealing to me, and in fact it's a step backwards from before.

One thing is that none of the logos match with anything else. Nothing matches with either the wordmark or the sleeve logo... and even they don't match together very well.

The 2 DC logos lack individuality. They seem extremely generic for a baseball team. In the W logo... I kinda see where you're going with the W, but it looks awkward, especially with the red background, and I can't yet put my finger on why.

If you're going to make do with a patch on the front of the jerseys instead of a script, may I suggest that you make the logo more detailed, or make a new detailed logo that's based on the simpler cap logo (kinda like what the Reds do).

That's all I got right now.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Wow, major changes on this one, huh...:D

I have been extremely critical of your design in the past, and while I am in no way a graphic designer, I think I have figured out the root of the problem here (and I mean this with all seriousness). Simply, there is no continuity from one jersey concept to the next. There's no natural flow to it at all. I have no idea what you are trying to do other than slap a baseball on a cap framed with the letters DC which isn't working now and has not ever worked, IMHO. I don't know if you're presenting one "concept" or if it's a bunch of unrelated ideas.

You have seemed to turned away from the better points of the August/September versions to something that looks like you threw some clip art together, mainly the "W/N monument" both of the "baseball DC" on the caps and jerseys, and the "swinging senator" sleeve patch (which I know for a fact IS clip-art). The cap/jersey logos have nothing to do with the "Washington" wordmark and neither have anything to do with the sweet ball/dome logo. The idea of a "swinging senator" is great for a secondary, but only if it isn't clip art.

You have a great starting point with that ball/dome logo, but that Washington wordmark is atrocious. The colors don't even match up, the "stiching" covers up the letters, you have a hideously thick outline on the letters yet no outline on the Capitol dome. Dude, that looks horrible, for real.

You have mentioned that you have had some excellent ideas that have just lacked execution. We aren't in your heads, we can't see your ideas. We only see what you post, we only see the "exectution." So if you think the execution is lacking, what do you think we're going to think?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The main problem I see now is that every time you update this, you keep throwing all the variations on there, while all the C&C is directed at one of them. If you're working on the DC logo, stop posting the WN logo or the extremely clip-arty swinging businessman. The wordmark logo looks good, but in terms of the second variation, I still suggest that you try offsetting the letters to they are diagonal from each other, then have the ball bridge the gap. But, if there's another update, just use the one and don't include the ones not up for C&C.

VmWIn6B.png

The main problem I see now is that every time you update this, you keep throwing all the variations on there, while all the C&C is directed at one of them. If you're working on the DC logo, stop posting the WN logo or the extremely clip-arty swinging businessman. The wordmark logo looks good, but in terms of the second variation, I still suggest that you try offsetting the letters to they are diagonal from each other, then have the ball bridge the gap. But, if there's another update, just use the one and don't include the ones not up for C&C.

some people appreciate the W/N logo, and have given CC on it... so I've improved / sharpened it up... I believe it's a solid design. As for placing the DC letters diagonally, (in both versions I've tried doing that and doesn't work right, looks too much like the Nats current interlocking DC...

and as for "TCR", and other's mocking... it's quite amusing to me, especially considering that it took 33 years for Baseball to return to DC... yet, I work on my Washington Baseball logos for a year or so, and they see it as a big joke... I guess it's cause they never really put their hearts into something or worked on something as passionately... and I'm sure they'll come back w/ some typical quip, to counter the truth...

the thing is, and I've made this clear before... I understand the ODDS of my designs ever being "official" Nats logos... Regardless, I am making my marks the best they CAN be, so I can successfully market around DC... and what better place to express one's INDEPENDENCE ! ? ;~)

Archived