Washington Baseball

P.I.L.L.

The contrasting blue you have on the grey DC hat helps this, but the issues with the incomplete shadow still stand.  I think you need to backtrack several steps and go back to the primary lines you're trying to use, and think about adding accents from there.  You've muddied things far too much.

thanks for the C.C... this puzzle's much closer to being solved.

%7Boption%7D

As for not using the name "Nationals"... ( as stated previously), I've had some legal issues w/ MLB Properties, and I don't need the hassle. It will be presented to the new owners w/ Nationals name. and the white uni w/ only black is a tribute to the original Nationals team, which wore a simple black W, on a white cap.

You do realize that no teams use the style of piping you have on these jerseys (with the piping on the inside of the button placket.) See Red Sox and Braves for examples of how piping is traditionally done.

Also, every time you make an update, you add another inconsistancy. For example, the logo on the white jersey has more shading inside the ball than the logo on the dark jersey.

Also, do you mean to go with contrasting buttons? That looks really little-league to me.

Also, that Washington font looks horible on a baseball jersey IMO. I don't hate the red/blue W/N logo, the the wordmark looks like you are just trying way to hard.

Also, maybe try a more standard template? Check out some of the more professional presentations for examples.

I'm not hating on you, but I think you have miles to go before you could ever present this to a professional organization.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For example, the logo on the white jersey has more shading inside the ball than the logo on the dark jersey.

Also, do you mean to go with contrasting buttons? That looks really little-league to me.

Also, that Washington font looks horible on a baseball jersey IMO. I don't hate the red/blue W/N logo, the the wordmark looks like you are just trying way to hard.

I tried putting (light) shading on the (blue) / dark ball... but it didn't look right... as for the buttons, just playing around~ sometimes it looks cool having contrasting buttons, but you're probably right about needing to go w/ more traditional unis. speaking of which, what's wrong w/ the word mark on the uni ? perhaps the "A" is off a bit... but the letters are clean / modern, and angled the same as the W... anyway, as for the templates, I've yet to find one that I really impressed by on here... probably just need to look around more, or if someone here could point me to the "best" one, that'd be nice. still a work in progress B)

listen, no one is more tired of this than me... but I'm past the point of no return.

your criticism is welcome... pushes me to try to achieve "perfection", or at least permanence...

The Washington wordmark...

It looks like you're using Stroke on it, and the gray outline just runs all together and it looks weird. Try using Offset Path...and if you are using Offset Path...it just looks off.

I believe he uses Corel like I do. In that case he needs to create a contour rather then just modify the outline width (assuming that is what he is doing).

LT

what's wrong w/ the word mark on the uni ? perhaps the "A" is off a bit... but the letters are clean / modern, and angled the same as the W

The wordmark isn't that easy to read, is probably too big, and since it is straight across, would look distorted on a human model. The W and N would be curved in towards the players arm pits. IMHO, it is just a bad font for a baseball jersey. While we're on the topic, I originally thought that incorporating the monument into the W was a cool idea, but I have changed my opinion. The monument just doesn't look right with something over top of it (the inner arm of the W.) A monument (or skyscraper) should extend above the letters to have any effect. This just looks odd.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't know what to tell you. IMHO, this just isn't professional quality and I doubt if it ever will be. It's stagnanted, and you need to blow it up and start all over. I don't mean to be harsh, but this has been going on for a really long time.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't know what to tell you. IMHO, this just isn't professional quality and I doubt if it ever will be. It's stagnanted, and you need to blow it up and start all over. I don't mean to be harsh, but this has been going on for a really long time.

:shocked:

• 2 weeks later...
:D well...  think about your avatar ... and how many millions of people said the same thing about that Orioles goofy cartoon bird.

Whatever, the logo is goofy and cartoony, but I didn't design the avatar and come on a message board illiciting critiques. And since I don't remember submitting a concept with the Orioles goofy cartoon bird, let's keep this to your work, okay?

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't know what to tell you.  IMHO, this just isn't professional quality and I doubt if it ever will be.  It's stagnanted, and you need to blow it up and start all over.  I don't mean to be harsh, but this has been going on for a really long time.

Sorry in advance for instigating but

2196_heading_small.jpg

Dammmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

• 2 weeks later...

Please let this thread fade into oblivion...

Though it is cool to see another DC'er in here.

Archived