Washington Baseball

P.I.L.L.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the top logo, make the stitches in the baseball match up with the curves of theD and C and it'll look much much better.

And work on eliminating the outer black outlines.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I don't mind the first of these two. Except for some reason the D and C seem to make a pair of eyes to me. Maybe I've had too much to drink or need more. I'm seeing an Lake Elsinore Storm style hat for some reason. It's probably just me.

I really don't like the second one. It's a neat idea, I guess. But it just reminds me of one of those paper snowflakes, but one that was considered a mistake.

Dudes, chill out. If you don't like it, you don't have to comment on it, or even look at it for that matter. That's why there's a little link you have to click to read it; so you can bypass it if you want to.

The man enjoys designing sports logos, just as many of us do, and is looking for some critique in order to perfect his work. This really is no place to be saying that someone's work sucks, no matter how well-respected you are on the boards or how many posts you have, or how long you've been here.

You can't graveyard someone's thread just because you don't like them. That's total discrimination. On top of that, if you guys would stop bashing Christos, there would be no controversy here, this thread would be about half as long, and it would contain only legitimate critiques of the work, instead of containing critiques plus all the crap you guys throw at him trying to get him to quit designing.

Nobody has any right to censor what Christos does, whether they like it or not. I'm not a fan of these logos, so I don't comment on them. Simple as that, yet everytime I stop in to see the updates, theres one posted update, two crits, and fifteen posts telling Christos to fluff off and go to hell and never come back, based on actions he hasn't displayed since he's been back from his suspension. I'm sure there's people that don't like the work you guys post, but I don't see them flinging dirt at you for pages on end.

Mind your business, and lay off the man. He has as much a right to be here and post his work as anybody else.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Tempest, well said, , if you hadn't I was going to. It seems that a lot of people around here saw all the negative comments to start off with, and joined in when they had no reason to.

And P.I.L.L., keep working at it, it's certainly improving from what it started off as, just keep working at it, and don't pay attention to most of the people on here.

Dudes, chill out. If you don't like it, you don't have to comment on it, or even look at it for that matter. That's why there's a little link you have to click to read it; so you can bypass it if you want to.

The man enjoys designing sports logos, just as many of us do, and is looking for some critique in order to perfect his work. This really is no place to be saying that someone's work sucks, no matter how well-respected you are on the boards or how many posts you have, or how long you've been here.

You can't graveyard someone's thread just because you don't like them. That's total discrimination. On top of that, if you guys would stop bashing Christos, there would be no controversy here, this thread would be about half as long, and it would contain only legitimate critiques of the work, instead of containing critiques plus all the crap you guys throw at him trying to get him to quit designing.

Nobody has any right to censor what Christos does, whether they like it or not. I'm not a fan of these logos, so I don't comment on them. Simple as that, yet everytime I stop in to see the updates, theres one posted update, two crits, and fifteen posts telling Christos to fluff off and go to hell and never come back, based on actions he hasn't displayed since he's been back from his suspension. I'm sure there's people that don't like the work you guys post, but I don't see them flinging dirt at you for pages on end.

Mind your business, and lay off the man. He has as much a right to be here and post his work as anybody else.

Good Lord :woot: Thank you Tempest.

as I've said before, I don't consider myself a professional graphic artist... I'm an idea guy, a FINE artist, who occasionally gets lucky w/ a design here and there... but what I DO have is a WILL to win, cause that's what it takes more than anything... to be driven to persevere, even in the face of hoplessness.

I know in my heart, and based upon the feedback in the past year, that some of my CONCEPTS are exceptional... yet lacking in execution. God knows, it's taken me forever to figure this this one out, among others... but at least I'm original, unlike most of the posts on here, which are called "concepts", but should obviously be titled RE COLORIZATIONS... speaking of which, ****

there should be a NEW category ONLY FOR 100 % ORIGINAL CONCEPTS... and I'd be surprised if I'm ignored on this, cause plenty of people have commented on this issue...

anywayyyy, the top "DC baseball" logo is the one that everyone seemed to like, but I'm still not a BIG fan of it, probably cause the lettering is a bit too futuristic, as has been stated by some... the 2nd DC set is more conservative, conveying the concept more obviously... and the other logos are ones that you've all seen a milllllion times before, and that I'm essentially "done" with, but still wanting constructive criticism, because there's almost always room for improvement of some sort...

in conclusion, my suggestion is a suspension to those (who've been warned) but will (inevitably) ignore your post and continue their pathetic (futile) un-instigated bashing and bating.

631_Adcbaseball13cj6.jpg

Archived