Washington Caps Concept

Chief.

Not too sure about the C from the wordmark going as a new alt logo. It looks more suited for placement on the left chest to designate a captain. I like the recolouring of the primary logo, but the gold and "pink" (on the tongue) are extremely minor on the bird, so I don't really see a place for those hues on the jerseys.

Overall, this is a good start, but I think you can take it further. :D

EDIT - I think I might be seeing things....the lines on the sleeves only look pink-ish to me...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Chief, you're a machine. You keep cranking the concepts out. Take a break, eh ? you're making the rest of us look bad. :D :D :D

This one, with the red, the blue and the bronze, it's creeping into Edmonton Oilers territory. And I have to agree on the secondary logo; that C has got nothing on their current secondary (the Capitol one), which I personally prefer to the eagle.

And if we're redoing the Capitals, I think we should make the striping patterns consistent between the two jerseys. But that's just me.

You got too many colors goin on so you need to simplify some. I wouldn't recomment having gold and silver in the same concept. Also the C logo would be way too confusing with the captain C as well.

I agree with all Chazberg's comments, especially the not having gold and sliver at the same time. The "C" by itself isn't a good idea for a hockey jersey. Perhaps if it were contained in a sillouette of the Capital Dome or something to make it looks less like a captian's c.

One additonal thing, the dark blue eagle on the dark blue jersey all but disappears when only outlined in red. It's just not enough contrast. I preach this all the time you guys! Squint a little and all you can see is the white part of the eagle's head, some claw and the stars. I would outline the red trim with another layer of white to make that bird pop from the background, not fade into it.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

If you want to use that C, go ahead and make it the captain's C. And since there's an A in "Capitals", there's your assistant's A. Like what the Flames did with the flaming (Calgary) C for captain, and the flaming (Atlanta) A for assistant. (Although they stopped using the Flaming C for captain... why? :cry:)

Silver and bronze is a lot of metallic color for one jersey. Either one would work alone, but not together, unless you're trying to put together an Olympic medals stand.

I'm also on the bandwagon of the uniformity people - two stripes patterns makes no sense. I liked the "check mark" style on the whites, but the other pattern was a concession when they went to those hideous black alts with the Capitol on the crest, since there was no longer a logo conveying motion like the flying eagle.

Simplify, and you're gonna have something decent...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Like what the Flames did with the flaming (Calgary) C for captain, and the flaming (Atlanta) A for assistant. (Although they stopped using the Flaming C for captain... why? :cry:)

IIRC the main reason was that when they started wearing the horsehad jerseys, they put the flaming C on the shoulders-it would have been too confusing, like this concept. not sure why they don't have it on their whites or reds now.

now to the concept...this is a decent start. I'd make a DC shoulder logo if you really wanna go that route, instead of just a C. also, I'd make a decision on a metallic-either bronze or silver. having both doesn't really work in this case, especially on the home striping and the logo. the silver stars don't seem to be related to anything else, so I'd dump it and go with bronze.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🀬

Archived