Milwaukee Brewers Concept

Evan

I created this over a span of like a week. I couldn't get the wordmark I wanted. At first, a cursive script was going to be implimented, but my cursive is bland and relatively uniform. I wanted something different. When I stumbled across this font, I had to do some tweaking for it to work right.

Yes that is the ol' ball and glove logo of the pass. I added new pantones and gave it a facelift so to speak.

I really am proud of this one.

Note, yes that is blue for the road, I actually used that blue and just lightened it accordingly...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/evantp/newbrew.gif

newbrew.gif

comments?

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice production, as always evan.

i think youve got something here, although i think the logo is best without the white shadowing, esp. around the ball.

i do like the current colors better than the old, so i think you were on there.

i do enjoy the ballglove MB logo better too, and the wheat/barley on the sides looks good.

a nice concept that encompasses new, current and a bit of oh yah!

Good - make that very good - stuff, but the white shadowing doesn't work for me. It makes some of the elements look off-center. But overall, it's a good new direction while bringing back the ball & glove at the same time.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Evan - The use of the white shadowing makes it look like the printing was "off" for one of the colors (kind of how baseball cards used to get off-register with colors some times).

I'm not a fan of the plain front numbers -- I think they could use a gold outline. It bugs me on the Astros current jersey, as well. It looks like these numbers were bought "off-the-rack" and added after the fact.

It's where I sit.

This is a great concept. Everything looks very balanced.

I do agree with VitaminD's comments about the shadows. They don't seem to be working.

I also agree with Sec19Row53's comments about the plain numbers. I don't think they look good on the Astros' duds and I don't think they work here.

Other than those comments, this is superb work.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I love the idea! Great job! I agree with some of the comments from other members.

I personally like the vegas gold color. However, if the Brewers do change back to the "old" logo, what color yellow do you think they would choose? Better yet, what is the fans' choice?

That "Brewers" font reminds one of the first-Brewers-season road font (see the road jerseys HERE).

I would agree that the number font on the front needs an outline or something. However, I'm not sure you should use that number font anyway. It's too condensed (as the Astros' is) to look good, IMO.

Also, perhaps, since you're doing the retro thing, you might want to bring back, for the sleeve patch, BARREL MAN!

As for the colors: Because (1) there's too much navy blue in baseball now, (2A) the Brewers' best years were in the royal blue era and (2B) they've had absolutely no success at all since 1993, I'd suggest going to royal blue and a more yellow (or less Old Gold-looking) metallic gold.

Other than that (and the aforementioned white outline comments), this looks really good.

Packers-2.png

Not bad. I like that. I was thinking of sending my concept to the Brewers just to see what they think. Maybe I'll print yours out too and let them look at it.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Not bad. I like that. I was thinking of sending my concept to the Brewers just to see what they think. Maybe I'll print yours out too and let them look at it.

That is one surefire way to not have it become reality. Unless it is part of a contest, unsolicited material is rejected immediately.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Why I would think they'd like fan feedback?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

If they change graphics, they don't want to open themselves up to being sued for ripping off someone elses artwork.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived