My kc chiefs concept

Avenger

First of all, I like the addition of black.  They do need a dark color to contrast the red and yellow.  

As for the jerseys, I like them.  A very original idea using the pattern on the pants.  With that said, here are my suggestions:

1. I would like to see the red unis get white sleeves and have the separating line be black, and have the white pants to go with the red uni.

2. If you want to keep the black sleeves may I suggest black pants. (As you can probably tell, I like contrasting pants)

The striping on the uniform is fantastic, but i think the whole arrowhead logo could be pushed out.

I know its a staple of the franchise, but im really not feeling it.

I still like the head dress idea for the helmet, the vikings, rams, eagles all have some of the best helmets in the league.

...As you can probably tell, I like contrasting pants...

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

I generally like having contrasting pants as well, but the reason I have the same color pants is the design spans the entire uniform. I messed around with different pant colors, but it ended up seperating the pant and jersey stripes. I wanted to make sure they echoed each other and keeping the same color for both helped that come across.

I'm going to post a modified helmet with a white arrowhead here in a little bit.

As a lifelong Chiefs fan, I've always wondered if, when and how the team would change their uniforms. Overall, I like this set, with just a few minor changes. First of all, keep the helmet as is. It is one of the most recognizable logos in sports. I love the roadie. It has great contrast and would look good on the field. However, on the home uni, I would cut down on the black on the sides. I like the idea of black in the uniform, it is a great touch. I just don't like so much of it. I don't really know what I would do to change it, but it just doesn't feel right.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

The white arrowhead's definitely better, though the plain black "KC" could use something to draw it out better.

(Have I mentioned how much I like the pattern on those jerseys?)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I just don't like it. I appreciate the skill that went into the design of the logo and uniform, but all in all, i have to say i am not a fan of this design.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Avenger,

The 2nd helmet is better, but somethings missing. Not sure yet.  I had a couple of friends/coaches over the other night (one of them is a big Chiefs' fan).  The both love the uniforms but said they wouldn't change the helmet.

I'm not sure what to do with the helmet.  Sharkman and StLFan always have good ideas.  Check with them.

Keep up the great work! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

In my personal opinion, I'm getting a little sick of sports teams from ANY sport starting to use black as anything more than just a LITTLE accent.  HOWEVER, I think it works out really good for you here.  The helmets are the one sketchy part in my opinion.  I like the black arrowhead, but the KC could use a little touching up.  Maybe just a little red accent to the yellow KC on the black background would do it? I think the unique numbers (as opposed to the basic block ones everyone has) is great.  They need to be a bit bigger vertically though.  Other than that though, I think you've done a great job and I love how original they are.

Side note...  do any teams in the NFL have their logos on their pants, or is that just a college thing?

Archived