Aussie Rules Competition

rmered

New CC Approved Competition.

The task is this:

Design an Aussie Rules uniform for any of the teams competing in the EU Cup (Link to website) Confirmed nations:

England, France, Spain, Sweden, Scotland

Nations who have registered an interest:

Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Israel, The Netherlands

Awaiting confirmation:

Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Ireland

You may enter more than once, and post your entries to this thread.

I will submit the entries to Aussie Rules International.

All designs chosen by ARI will earn the designer a production over-run jumper in their design. This will be mailed to you, by ARI. So I will also need your address, once your design(s) are successful. (Or you can decline the opportunity to wear one of your own designs and I?ll get it sent to me, I?m OK with that too) You can enter as many designs for as many countries as you like.

You can use any logo you design, and also any logo belonging to that particular country.

Eg logo_thumbnail.gif is the Belgian Lion. Similarly, Germany, Finland and Netherlands have official logos.

You may NOT use a logo belonging to another entity, company or sporting, which includes that countries other sporting logos eg Don?t use 3 Lions on the England design, or the Team Sweden Crowns (Hockey).

Each designs also has to include the countries Aussie Rules logo.

(Which is basically the Aussie Rules text, with their country's flag.

This is included in the zip file here

You MUST use this template.

Raster Template here

(DRAG AND DROP THESE LINKS TO GET THE FILES)

The logo goes on the left breast, with the respective flag and country name underneath. The flags are in the zip file, so download both if you're using Paint or Photoshop, or just the zip file if vector based software.

There will not be judging on this forum, and I will also create a page on my site http://www.footyjumpers.com for people to review each of the designs.

All judging will be done by Aussie Rules International.

Please post files on your own photo host, and I will copy them to my Photobucket account. I will require vector artwork if a design is chosen. Please be prepared to provide it. Which may include asking someone nicely if you only have Photoshop or Paint, and yours is selected.

Entries close on Aug 7, so you have 2 weeks.

PS England is the only team to currently have an official nickname, they are the Dragonslayers. Every other team is brand new.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I presume, Mero, that we are limited to using standard numbers?

Also, do we need to replicate the name of the country in their logo as per the .gifs?

Yeah, the number will be the standard AFL type font.

Helvetica is probably closest.

Yes, the name of the country forms part of the ARI logo.

If you use a logo like the Belgian lion, or design your own, it doesn't need to have the country name in it.

Also, your CCSLC name should be in the file name. Eg England-rmered.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Its all good ya'll, i worked it out, so hopefully here it is, it aint great, but its my first attempt.

javascript:window.open('http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b34/kingroadz/england-kingroadz.gif','FullView','width=700,height=500,resizable,scrollbars,location'); void('');

artest.jpg

Just to clarify something you said.

You may NOT use a logo belonging to another entity, company or sporting, which includes that countries other sporting logos eg Don?t use 3 Lions on the England design, or the Team Sweden Crowns (Hockey).

The 'Tre Kroner' [3 Crowns] design is Sweden's national emblem. It is on everything from the national coat of arms to its military planes to various government banners. It is worn by many Swedish teams outside of hockey, and its presence on the hockey jerseys themselves is considered informal by the government.

The crowns can be traced to 1 of 2 stories. They are either a representation of the 3 Wise Men [or 'kings"] who visited Jesus at the Nativity. It has also been said that the crowns represented Sweden's united kingdom over Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

It's your contest, but the 3 Crowns should be allowed on your jumpers. Is it really any different from the Finnish lion that graces the Finnish coat of arms?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Vit D. My mistake, if it's a Swedish emblem, then it's OK, if it's Swedish Hockey it's not.

So that makes it OK.

Quad. Le Coq is OK if you've done a rooster. But if it's the logo of some other French team, it's not OK.

This was Kingroadz' England entry. A nice way to kick things off.

england-kingroadz.gif

You don't need to do Home and Away, but if you'd like, go ahead.

Also remember, England is England, not the UK. Scotland is also in this comp.

England's colours are Red and White, and their flag is White with a Red St George cross.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

ya think that's hot, after this you gonna be thinkin you Paris Hilton :D

Germany with the debut of the final version of my eagle

Germany_Discrimihater.png

Denmark

Denmark_Discrimihater.png

and now what you haven't seen yet: first, England

England_Discrimihater.png

the rest in the next post

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Oh, why the hell not?

And BTW, if anyone is surprised at my choice, I'll be shocked.

Ultimately it started as a tribute to the timeless Essendon sash, but mushroomed into something else. Go figure.

ERIN GO BRAGH!

aflireland-vitamind.png

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived