Aussie Rules Competition

rmered

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok this is the netherlands. or holland but that is what it was named in zip file. so ha.

"Then who are the Dutch?" [sorry, I was watching Seinfeld when I read this]

To settle the England/Scotland/UK mess for everyone:

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland had dominion of all the British Isles until 1922, when the Republic of Ireland (the 26 southern counties... ERIN GO BRAGH) won its independence, and the 6 counties that comprise the Irish state of Ulster ("Northern Ireland") remained loyal to the British Crown. Thus, the United Kingdom equals Northern Ireland plus Great Britain. Great Britain equals England, Scotland and Wales.

Sometimes, the nations send united teams. Other times, they don't, like the world championships in soccer, rugby... and Aussie Rules.

That said...

ENGLAND's cross is St. George's. The flag is a red cross running horizontally/vertically on a white background.

SCOTLAND's cross is St. Andrew's. The flag is a white saltire cross (think "X") on a dark blue background.

IRELAND's cross is St. Patrick's. The flag is a red saltire cross on a white background.

The UK flag is a combination of all 3 nations' crosses. The Irish St. Patrick's cross wasn't added to the flag until 1801.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

well then i think some one needs to distingish what everything is. because i am just making uniforms that go with what was in the file. so i am done until there is some clarification.
Perhaps if I put it like this:

Cleveland and Cinci are both from Ohio, and if Ohio had a football league they'd be in it.

But neither of them alone solely represents Ohio.

In the same way, ARI is based in the UK, and created a logo which incorporates the UK flag.

They are holding a comp, in which two of the parts of the UK are competing with each other.

But both can still wear their existing logo. ie Aussie Rules UK can have two teams, England and Scotland. But neither are solely the UK.

One is Red and White, the other Blue and White.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Man!, I'm out... can't compete with this... :shocked:

I love that Coq! Can I use it?

(I meant Rooster...)

Seriously want to use it, 'though, you get full credits...

knock yourself out

LeCoq.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think this is all I've got for the Aussie jumper contest. A Netherlands concept without orange is like summertime without West Nile Virus. Ya know?

Anyway, I made a pair - halfway through doing the concept, I had an idea for a variation on my theme, so I wound up with 3 in this set. You'll get the idea.

Good luck all - I am hoping some of us walk away with our designs literally on our backs.

aflnetherlands-vitamind.png

aflnetherlands2-vitamind.png

aflnetherlands3-vitamind.png

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Nice lion, TFoA. I tried to find a lion I liked, and gave up. Well done, and good use of ORANJE!

2007nleastchamps.png

Alright, I think my version of France is ready.

I'll post tomorrow (if I can figure out what the heck I did to lose all my toolbars in PSP)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Here it is, Frenchie's France's Aussie Rules' Guernsey:

(Sounds a little redundant...)

Soccer fan will recognize the inspiration right away...

francefrenchie6xw.gif

THANKS to DISCRIMIHATER for allwowing me to use his "Fearless Rooster" logo (I'd call him: Le Coq Enragé). (promise I won't make any bad pun using Discrim's rooster in French... especially when I saw the size of it... :P )

I may try a Clash tonight...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

i've done a Portugal, Greece, Spain, Sweden and i think Ireland, i will post in a few hours cos i got to go to footy awards night shortly!

Ummm...why did you do Portugal and Greece?

("For the heck of it" is an acceptable answer. Any other reason shall force me to point you to the team list on Page 1 and then slap some sense into you ;))

i've done a Portugal, Greece, Spain, Sweden and i think Ireland, i will post in a few hours cos i got to go to footy awards night shortly!

Ummm...why did you do Portugal and Greece?

("For the heck of it" is an acceptable answer. Any other reason shall force me to point you to the team list on Page 1 and then slap some sense into you ;))

...i had already done them, may as well show yas all! :D

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Ireland didn't turn out well....

Sweden

sweden-aussie.gif

Espana

spain-aussie.gif

Portugal

portugal-aussie.gif

Greece (no logo)

greece-aussie.gif

Europe (for the sake of it- no logo)

europe-aussie.gif

No idea why the blue turns out different on the back to the blue on the front...Sweden's lines are too skinny but hey can't be bothered

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived