GOODENOW GOODBYE

GMac

Goodenow steps down

Goodenow steps down from NHLPA post

TSN.ca Staff

7/28/2005 12:09:58 PM

Bob Goodenow today advised the National Hockey League Players' Association that he would step down as its Executive Director and General Counsel.

The decision followed discussions between Goodenow and members of the Executive Committee about the organization's future.

"With the conclusion of the negotiations and the ratification of the new agreement, the parties concur that this is an appropriate action for the future," said Goodenow. "I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to serve the Players over the past 15 years and to have had the support of a tremendous staff at the NHLPA. I wish the Players every success under the new CBA."

Today, the NHLPA named Ted Saskin, its Senior Director of Business Affairs and Licensing, to succeed Mr. Goodenow as Executive Director and General Counsel. "I have enjoyed working closely with Bob for the Players over the last 15 years. I know how dedicated Bob has been to the Players. I plan to continue to serve them by building on the strong base that Bob created at the NHLPA."

Trevor Linden, the President of the NHLPA, said "Every NHL Player has benefited enormously from Bob's leadership and dedication. He has been a tireless advocate for the Players and he dramatically improved the Players' situation in every respect. Bob built the NHLPA into a first class organization and we are all very grateful to him. Ted has worked closely with Bob every step of the way and has done an excellent job for the Players in our recently concluded CBA negotiations. We have every confidence that he will be able to lead our Association well in the years to come."

i guess i cant be too surprised about that... then again hes now Bettman's buddy cant seem to chummy... jeesh

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

You had to see this coming he got the players a bad deal and put the sport into peril when he didnt take the season saving deal in February, they got much less and had no choice but to take it becuase of turning down the deal in Feb.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

thank god he was the only problem

at least bettman made tickets cheaper! since alot of teams wont need too much money to pay for all those money hungrey jagr and yashins of the league under the cap! oh and GO SENS GO, GO SENS GO, GO SENS GO! WE WANT THE CUP! THE DOMINATOR WILL DOMINATE ONCE AGAIN :notworthy::notworthy: : :notworthy::woot::woot:

Hi, how are you?

Archived