Panthers Wore Teal

SteveToms

On a side note, does anyone know whythe Panthers logos on the jerseys are screened on and not a patch like all of the other teams?

I've wondered that too.

I've also wondered why NFL teams don't have "preseason" jerseys like MLB teams have BP jerseys. That would be a good way to add an alt to your repertoire without tarnishing tradition (for those of you who feel that way about alts.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Of the three sets, I like them all. I like the white version best, however. Overall, Carolina has a very good set of uniforms. I'd say they're in the top five in all of the NFL, and maybe in the top ten in all of sports.

It's good that they wore their alternates in the preseason. I always thought that's when teams should wear their alternates. I think the regular season is time for regular uniforms. You can try the throwbacks and the alternates in the preseason, when things are supposed to be abnormal and experimental. That's really what these alternates are.

I think the Panthers should stick to wearing black/silver at home and white/white on the road. I'd also have them wear the black more, as you rarely see them wear it at all. Keep the blue as the alternate. We'd appreciate and want it more if it were withheld from us. If it were the permanent home uniform, we'd just get used to it and it wouldn't be special anymore.

I know the Eagles always wore white in all preseason games, so they dont have to waste money on 2 sets of jerseys for all of those guys who get cut. And usually they wear the white pants in preseason for the same reason, but Friday night against Cincy at home, they broke out the green pants.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I think the Panthers should stick to wearing black/silver at home and white/white on the road. I'd also have them wear the black more, as you rarely see them wear it at all. Keep the blue as the alternate.

Usually, the team wears white at home during the first four games and black for the last four home games.

Mainly, because it is still pretty hot at 1:00 during September and October in Charlotte.

On a side note, does anyone know whythe Panthers logos on the jerseys are screened on and not a patch like all of the other teams?

I've wondered that too.

I've also wondered why NFL teams don't have "preseason" jerseys like MLB teams have BP jerseys. That would be a good way to add an alt to your repertoire without tarnishing tradition (for those of you who feel that way about alts.)

I kinda hate to say it (not cause you came up with it, but because it goes against tradition) but that's a really good idea. It'd be a good proving ground to test uniform ideas to see how they look on the field before a terrible uniform hits the regular season. Perhaps it would deter teams from making awful mistakes like the bengals wearing orange on black.

Archived