Extreme eBay Errors

Geoff

Actually the Sosa one is right. It is a Russell, so the latest year it could be from is last year, which they did have the names on it. They made that change this year, didn't they?

http://www.authenticlettering.com/bbchicagon_lettering.html <--- watch 2004 Chicago Cubs. There is a field to fill a name in home jersey.

Has anybody ordered any of these numbering kits? They say they have the Nationals and I have been looking for a kit to customise my jersey. Just curious if anyone has ordered a Nationals kit or any other kit and if they are accurate.

the last one's legit (as mentioned, we took names off the home jersey fairly recently, as in this season). however, I don't think Nike would be too thrilled about that adidas Miami jersey ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

http://www.authenticlettering.com/bbchicagon_lettering.html <--- watch 2004 Chicago Cubs. There is a field to fill a name in home jersey.

Has anybody ordered any of these numbering kits? They say they have the Nationals and I have been looking for a kit to customise my jersey. Just curious if anyone has ordered a Nationals kit or any other kit and if they are accurate.

Yes, I finally ordered a 1978 Cubs road lettering kit after thinking about it for a couple of years. I was a little bummed they wouldn't attach it to my jersey anymore, but I found a great place in the suburbs that specializes in just that -- Triple Threat Sports in Mokena, Illinois.

The lettering is better than the CHICAGO on my Majestic 1978 replica, which with the addition of a 'madcub' patch (see left) and the lettering has been transformed into a 1982 Sandberg rookie jersey, just in time to wear to his No. 23 retirement ceremony.

I found out Triple Threat usually does their work by mail after driving down and finding their location in an industrial park. More of an office than a storefront, it consisted of mostly desks with sewing machines. At the time they had racks full of customized Phillies and Yankees jerseys nearby. Probably helps keeps their costs reasonably low.

Anyway, I highly recommend combining Authentic Lettering and Triple Threat's services.

Archived