Wisconsin vs. Bowling Green

Ben5

Watching the WIS vs. BG game. The throwbacks look good, except for one thing:

NO SOCKS!

That was one of my favorite parts. Those socks with the W were pretty tight.

That is a great look. I too agree on the socks, though... I've always hated how college and HS teams have that "no sock" look. I think, if there's one thing the NFL's gotten right, it is the uniform everyone's-the-same sock-to-the-knee look.

And to leafs13 - I didn't see the game. Seven pics were necessary for me to get an idea of the look of the uniform... How hard was it for you to scroll past them anyway? I bet you wasted a whole three or four seconds of your day :rolleyes:

Moose

I think Dartmouth is the only major school to still have a front logo on its regular helmet (i.e., not a throwback). But they don't have side numbers.

charlie_rittgers-lg.jpg

Damn, that whole set looks terrible. You would think that "smart" people could do better than that!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

They're not smart. People only go to Dartmouth becase they want to say, "I went to an Ivy League school!" :P Just kidding, by the way.

[RANT] I do resent Miami University for calling itself a "Public Ivy" school, though. WTF is that supposed to mean? "We think we're better than all the other state schools, and we should be private, but we need your funding, almighty State Governement of Ohio. That's the reason we can't be a real private school, so we will just pretend we are by charging one tuition rate, then give Ohio residents a scholarship for "living in-state," that way we will look more "private." I hate Miami, and it's not even an OU/Miami thing, either, I just think their school officials are cocky bastards. [/RANT]

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Watching the WIS vs. BG game. The throwbacks look good, except for one thing:

NO SOCKS!

That was one of my favorite parts. Those socks with the W were pretty tight.

I am truly sorry, but I need off the time machine. I hate those helmets. There is truly no joy, in watching a team with those uniforms, play ball. Thank God it's over.

Bengalssuck.jpg

Bowling_Green_OLD4.gif

Interesting that you post that Bowling Green helmet. The Badjas throwback set was from the 1965 season and that was also a significant year for BG as well. BG were M.A.C. champions that year and led by legendary coach and college football hof member Doyt Perry.

That helmet is what BG wore in 1965. May look cheap and cheesy right now but when most schools were trying to look sharp by adding numbers BG actually had a logo on the helmets.

It was a stencil that actually used the negative space for the logo there by not being uniform on all helmets because the white spray would vary. . .

One of the most unique designs in college football history.

fade.gif

My take: Jerseys look cool, Helmets try too hard to be funky, thus are gross. Socks with the Ws on them? Kind of cool and could throw those into regular uniforms as a change of pace kind of thing.

They're not trying to be anything; they are what they are, a replica of the uniform the University of Wisconsin wore in 1965. They're an exercise in tradition, which really is what college football is all about.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived