2005 NFL Media Guides

tohasbo

It's really amazing to see the lack of imagination - multiple teams with a logo on a black background. And two with just a wide shot of the stadium.

Also amazing to see how many anniversaries there are.

I like:

The Broncos photo - nice unusual angle

Carolina - at least they didn't just slap the logo on the cover, they zoomed in and it's eye catching

New Orleans - clever "uniform tag" cover. Detroit's is reasonably attractive as well.

Only 5 of them feature identifiable players; only one a coach (Miami, with a nod to Dan Marino in the corner).

Interesting that the Redskins didn't have their logo, just the "R" from the coaches' caps. Snyder trying to start playing down the Indian identity?

And don't expect to see the Rams for a while; they're always late (I heard from a former Rams official that Georgia meddles so much about what photo of herself she wants that it never makes deadline).

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

I know this is a dumb question but how can you get a media guide?

You buy them from the team if you're a typical fan.

But, in some cases, you can download them from the team's "media only" sites in .PDF format. I got my copies of the Broncos, Saints and Bears guides that way this year, along with the 2005 NFL Record & Fact Book.

nav-logo.png

Many of the teams do their media guide in two forms - spiral bound (goes to the actual media, useful because it will lay flat on a table for reference) and regular-bound (like a normal book, this is usually what's sold to the public)

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived