Local High School Uni's

Grish

Just thought it interesting, this is a pic from two teams here (Ballard in black vs. Eastlake in white).

At least you can say Ballard is unique.

2002484665.jpg

Woah. That's funky. Never seen that numbering on a football uni EVER.

Just thought it interesting, this is a pic from two teams here (Ballard in black vs. Eastlake in white).

2002484665.jpg

Ballard is a funky little town, so it makes sense they have funky uniforms. I'm in Magnolia, where our motto is: "Magnolia: Where Nothing Interesting Happens...Ever!"

I'm really feeling what they've done with their jerseys. What is the name of that font? I've seen it before on one of the font sites.

colorado.gif

Taking the Big 12 Title!

browns.png

The AFC North is ours!!!

1988KansasJayhawksNCAABB.png

The Best of the Best!!

Home of Champions......Capital High Cougars.....We Gets Busy!

I like the helmet logo--so is theis team in some rich area? Or somehwere where football is the number 1 priority?

Those are quite impressive for high school unis...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Ballard had a transformation a few years ago. The rebuilt the school, have or had open enrollment, new sports fields put in and a booster club started.

It helps to have a parent group lead by Sonny Sixkiller, ex Washington Husky QB and legend in these parts. So with his involvment they got a new direction.

Ballard is one of the view "city" or "metro" schools as they are called here that can compete with they $, boosters, etc of the schools east of Lake Washington.

Ballard made the playoffs I think once or twice in the last few years but it is a tough league, with really only one or two bad teams. Most of the time the league has a whole that has team make a solid playoff run and funding is not an issue, since most of the schools are on the "Eastide" or east of Lake Washington in the shadow of MicroSoft.

The Metro schools (Seattle City Schools) where forced into the league, when the Bellevue schools and Mercer Island remained 3A and the 4A division was founded, mainly due to population.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

2002484665.jpg

Woah. That's funky. Never seen that numbering on a football uni EVER.

EVER? I thought the Colorado Buffaloes had numbers like that once.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The Dome you see is the Tacoma Dome, it is where the semi-finals and finals are play.

But the first picuture is a High School field. Most of the schools have field turf in their league. Northshore school district, which has 3 of the schools ( I am alumni of one) all the High Schools have filed turf, plus the stadium they all share has it.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

I think Colorado did have split numbers, but they weren't quite like that. That looks like the CNN font, and I love it. Those are sweet uni's for h.s.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived