Superbowl XL Predictions

patsox

I think the Patriots will win 40 games this year and beat themselves in the Super Bowl. And not like, they beat themselves like the cliche used when teams make mistakes. They'll beat themselves and win. You know.

youre worse than peyton manning's boyfriend over there. just kidding, we're all slight homers except i'm right.

Jeez patsox, cool it down dude. Especially because you can't back yourself up on anything. "They're gonna win, I know!"

That's good that you know, but is there a way to convince people who still think the Red Sox suck?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Week 1 is never a good yardstick for the rest of the season and neither is pre-season for that matter. I think it's next to impossible to have an accurate prediction after the first week of games.

Case in point, the Patriots getting Buttafuocoed by the Buffalo Bills 31-0 in the first week of the 2003 season. The Pats looked weak & the Bills dominated. Who would have been able to tell after that week the Pats would have only lost one more time all season and win the Super Bowl? Who would have known the Bills would have another crappy season after that game? For many teams, the first week or two they are still trying to find their feet. They may not lose, but they still don't execute as they should.

Personally I like the lack of predictabilty. Despite the Patriots' record the last few years, their victories and championships have not been set in stone as teams in the past. I'll be fair though, I'll give my prediction after Week 4. It's still not acurate, but its a safer bet that if a team hasn't gotten their act together by then, its nothing short or a miricle if they do for the season.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Pats cap a 20-0 season by winning Super Bowl XL.

:lol:

btw how will they win 20 games? Are they gonna make it as a Wild Card going 16-0?

Hey - the way the top AFC teams seem to dominate, it could take 16-0 just to clinch home field throughout.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the Patriots will win 40 games this year and beat themselves in the Super Bowl. And not like, they beat themselves like the cliche used when teams make mistakes. They'll beat themselves and win. You know.

Will they be using full sized Ditka's or the Mini-Ditka's?

Archived