So Long BOB...Hello to a new name

Gary

I don't have a link, but on September 23rd, the Bank One Ballpark will be no more, but instead a new name will be unveiled to replace the B.O.B. It is a sad day indeed and since Chase has bought out Bank One, expect Chase to be in the name somehow. The Press Conference will take place at 2pm Mountain Standard Time and we shall find out then

I don't have a link, but on September 23rd, the Bank One Ballpark will be no more, but instead a new name will be unveiled to replace the B.O.B. It is a sad day indeed and since Chase has bought out Bank One, expect Chase to be in the name somehow. The Press Conference will take place at 2pm Mountain Standard Time and we shall find out then

Chase to .500 Ballpark isn't bad. ^_^

As a Padres fan, though, I have no room to talk.

I don't have a link, but on September 23rd, the Bank One Ballpark will be no more, but instead a new name will be unveiled to replace the B.O.B.  It is a sad day indeed and since Chase has bought out Bank One, expect Chase to be in the name somehow.  The Press Conference will take place at 2pm Mountain Standard Time and we shall find out then

Chase to .500 Ballpark isn't bad. ^_^

As a Padres fan, though, I have no room to talk.

At least you're in First Place

Three wishes --

1. That the new corporate name not be too horribly jarring.

2. That the team dump purple and teal from the color scheme -- black and copper, please!

3. That the team display confidence in the fanbase by actually developing young talent, rather than spending on retread free agents (Russ Ortiz, et al.) and dealing away promising players.

Seriously, there are some pretty good former Diamondback prospects bumping around on the rosters of other major league teams, especially pitchers.

I would take a rotation including Brad Penny, John Patterson and Chris Capuano over Russ Ortiz, Shawn Estes and Brad Halsey any day of the week.

No more BOB?

Will Chase buy a catchy name like BILLY? :D

capt.azpc10109232245.diamondbacks_ballpark_renaming_azpc101.jpg

Chase Recreational Indoor (sometimes) Stadium.

CHRIS.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2. That the team dump purple and teal from the color scheme -- black and copper, please!

See, this is what happens when I have time for leisure reading.

There is a tie between Phoenix and the color purple that predates Christianity. The Semitic people know as Phoenicians were renowned around the Mediterranean as seafarers and merchants. They were also well-known for making textiles dyed a rich purple, a color made from the abundant harvest of murex shellfish. Purple was the color of wealth and royalty.

With purple not only being a color of the Southwestern desert, and of the snake the team was named for, but also having a historical tie to the ancient Phoenicians, purple is a great choice for Phoenix teams. Not to mention the connotation to wealth and power and royalty.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

2.  That the team dump purple and teal from the color scheme -- black and copper, please!

See, this is what happens when I have time for leisure reading.

There is a tie between Phoenix and the color purple that predates Christianity. The Semitic people know as Phoenicians were renowned around the Mediterranean as seafarers and merchants. They were also well-known for making textiles dyed a rich purple, a color made from the abundant harvest of murex shellfish. Purple was the color of wealth and royalty.

With purple not only being a color of the Southwestern desert, and of the snake the team was named for, but also having a historical tie to the ancient Phoenicians, purple is a great choice for Phoenix teams. Not to mention the connotation to wealth and power and royalty.

and the fact that the color purple is on the phoenix flag, and teal as one of the official colors of the Maricopa County

Archived