Quebec Citadelles baseball logo concept

GeorgesL

VERY good logo there! Did you use the Washington Caps colors...? Doesn't matter, looks good. Appealing and to the point.

If I may make a suggestion a possible secondary logo, just use your castle graphic with the letter Q from Quebec in the same font as it's currently written as.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

i really like it!

...what's a citadel?

Citadel is a much cooler way to say "fortress", Citadelle is the french spelling.

Alouettesfan, that concept looks great. If you could vectorize that thing, it would be hella sweet! I agree with Mr. Nesi about the secondary idea. For the unis, a Quebec wordmark like that Citadelles would look really good. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

citadelleslogo.jpg

This is the main logo, cap logo and unis I'm still working on.

Thoughts?

Anybody else thinking White Castle? :D

Seriously though, great work. I love the two-tone blue. Very well-executed here.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I like it a lot...wasn't there a team already called the Quebec Citadelles? A hockey team with a goat as their logo?

Yeppers...it's very nice too

CitsWPtry.jpg

And here's why they use a goat

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

VERY good logo there! Did you use the Washington Caps colors...? Doesn't matter, looks good. Appealing and to the point.

If I may make a suggestion a possible secondary logo, just use your castle graphic with the letter Q from Quebec in the same font as it's currently written as.

The Washington Capitals have black instead of navy blue I have here.

As for the cap logo, there will definitely be a "Q" on there. The castle graphic is being considered. For the home jersey wordmark, I tend to use the script, like the Oakland Athletics. Not sure on the road wordmark.

How's this?

citscaplogo.jpg

I was gonna get a Citadels jersey with the goat, but after I guess the team or league folded, I couldn't find them. Or maybe River City Sports just stopeed selling them.

Yah, the Citadelles went under a few years ago...the Habs (who where their parent club) went ahead and moved their AHL affiliation to Hamilton.

Big reason why Quebec didn't work--folks there STILL hate the Habs (as in they were the Nords biggest rivals)...that and interest in pro hockey went down the toilet after the Nords left for Colorado (Junior hockey and the huge pee-wee tourney they have at Le Colisee still get good crowds)...

Still, the Cits did make a little history...they gave up a goal to a goalie one night against Hartford in the 99-00 season :lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived