MLB re-design project

vicfurth

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the white outline on the orange script on the Alt. I don't know why Baltimore took off the outline, it made things easier to read (especially the names on the back).

I agree with Camden?"Baltimore" and an orange bill on the road and it's great.

I like the 3-D on the BP. It's different and definitely stands out.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I love that Red Sox one. I wouldnt want the Sox to actually switch to red hats but those look sharp.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

The Sox one looks good but I'm so used to them having the blue hats that it just looks off to me. And it does make it look a little too much like the Angels. I like the BP, though.

And for the O's one, Baltimore on the road one, and other than that its pretty good. Maybe orange instead of black script. What about an orange alternate uni?

Good job on the first two, vic.

teamsnew2.png

*sarcasm* Yay, look at all the comments */sarcasm* ;)

Next up, staying in the AL East:

nyyankeesset.gif

The main point of this concept was to add that last bit of consistency that the current uni lacks. That is to say I used the same version of the "NY" throughout, completely phasing out the fatter version.

Contrary to what it looks like, the striping on the roads is the same as the currents (blue/white/blue).

The BP uni is slightly different from the real thing. I happen to like the old-school "Yankees" cursive script logo--the one on the pitching jackets--so I used that. It kinda gives it the feel of a classic BP jersey that doesn't "push the envelope" like, say, the Mets. The BP cap has the traditional "NY" logo with a silver drop-shadow and a white cap button.

#3 of 30

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

those baltimore ones look exactly like the ones they already have: If I could change the orioles unis, I'd have the grey one say Baltimore across the front in the same script, and I'd bring back the smiling oriole on the cap, everyday not just on the BP. As for the red sox, I like the Idea with the Red cap, but it should have a blue brim like the ones they wore in the 70s. they look good though, very professional. Toronto's probably next right? It'd be cool if made it a throwback to the ones they wore in the 93 series, but it is your project lol.

I'm not quite sure how this is a re-design project because the jerseys really aren't that much different...

If you search through the old (in this case, classic) archives, you'll find a re-design project by Roger Clemente, except his was for the NHL. The point of his project was to tweak every uniform to match what he thought would better them.

The same concept applies here. I'm tweaking every MLB set to my liking, be it a slight change in striping, coloring, or an uni overhaul.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

IMO, and as a Dodger fan, the red needs to stay. I really like the look of it on the logo and the jersey. It just doesn't look right without it to me. I know that's almost the only thing you can do with a team like the Dodgers who have such simple logos and uniforms but still. Good Job, though.

And good job on the Yankees one I like that BP idea.

teamsnew2.png

Archived