MLB re-design project

vicfurth

I too think the red should stay. The only modifications I Would make to the current Dodger set is to get rid of the LA patch on the home jersey and the Dodgers patch on the road jersey. As much as I hate the Dodgers they do have one of the best uniforms in baseball.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baltimore should have a black alt. jersey, black is one of the team's colors, it's not going black for the $ake of going black like the Royals, Mets, A's and others have.

Isn't the team from Boston called the Red Sox? What's wrong with them having red caps? The Reds have red caps, don't they?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Baltimore should have a black alt. jersey, black is one of the team's colors, it's not going black for the $ake of going black like the Royals, Mets, A's and others have.

Isn't the team from Boston called the Red Sox? What's wrong with them having red caps? The Reds have red caps, don't they?

Royals are dropping black next year, and the A's also.. i think.

the red. why? The red sox hats are classic and should not be touched. Also, I've found that the red jerseys look terrible and the color of the #s and letters wouldn't matter. They should have a blue alt, and same for the undershirts as they've worn for years. As long as they have red sox.

Oh gross, you added more silver trim to the Dodgers. My Dodgers tweaks always have the silver taken off the LA script. Let the Angels do modern crap. Keep the Dodgers simple. Also, no sleeve logos or piping needed. Cardinals get by.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Perhaps the Sox wearing red differentiates them from the Yankees more?

Plus, I've always thought blue caps/red scripts looked weird.

That's a pretty good point, VF. I like the idea of red caps, but I would hope to keep a little more navy in the look - navy bills might be a good start. And I'd love to see the stripes back on the socks.

As for the Dodgers: doesn't work for me either. I'm Dodgers-neutral, but I always loved the uniqueness of the red numbers on the front. And if they dumped the "LA" patch from the shoulder, they'd revert to perfect, understated simplicity that's worked for generations. I'd like to see them keep what's worked.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Too many people own navy hats with red B's on them. You can't make all of those obsolete; it's too established.

As long as the socks are red, and the script, name, and numbers are all in red, I think a little navy to balance it out is just fine. Too much red and you're the Angels/Cardinals/Phillies. Now if you want to go all Red with Cincy, nobody's going to object.

I'm not a huge fans of the Phightins' uniforms really. I think they should go back to cranberry because it made them unique. There are so many teams with red in their color scheme, but nobody has any sort of maroon.

the red. why? The red sox hats are classic and should not be touched. Also, I've found that the red jerseys look terrible and the color of the #s and letters wouldn't matter. They should have a blue alt, and same for the undershirts as they've worn for years. As long as they have red sox.

They actually wore red caps in the 1975-1978 seasons. It's not unprecedented.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The uniforms of the 1970s, like the sacrifice bunt, belong in the far corner of a forgotten closet. There's a precedent for the Pirates in pillbox hats, yellow pullovers, and black pants, but nobody's clamoring for that.

The uniforms of the 1970s, like the sacrifice bunt, belong in the far corner of a forgotten closet. There's a precedent for the Pirates in pillbox hats, yellow pullovers, and black pants, but nobody's clamoring for that.

touche...:D

I'm not a huge fans of the Phightins' uniforms really. I think they should go back to cranberry because it made them unique. There are so many teams with red in their color scheme, but nobody has any sort of maroon.

So let some other team change colors. The Phils have worn red for over a century and a quarter, save a decade or two. Red, white and blue are all too appropriate for a team named for the city that was the birthplace of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, the Cradle of Liberty, Where America Began.

That said, the concept is so-so. Doesn't really do much for me. I'd like MORE (COW)BELL, though...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

IMO, and as a Dodger fan, the red needs to stay. I really like the look of it on the logo and the jersey. It just doesn't look right without it to me. I know that's almost the only thing you can do with a team like the Dodgers who have such simple logos and uniforms but still. Good Job, though.

And good job on the Yankees one I like that BP idea.

Also as a Dodger fan, I would like to see the red stay. It's been a part of the color scheme, although be it small, since we were in Brooklyn.

dodgers-1.png

Next up:

mintwinsset.gif

I eliminated the road pinstripes and replaced it with chest piping. The road "M" cap has been relegated to only a BP cap, leaving the TC cap as the main, with an alternate version.

#6 of 30

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived