MLB re-design project

vicfurth

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mintwinsset.gif

I eliminated the road pinstripes and replaced it with chest piping. The road "M" cap has been relegated to only a BP cap, leaving the TC cap as the main, with an alternate version.

#6 of 30

I definately like the non-pinstripes on the roads. I also usually like homes without pintripes too just because I think they look cleaner, but I guess they look okay staying on Minnesota. I don't know about the hat, I did like them having the M on the roads, but I guess it does make sense just to have one main cap logo. I like the Alt cap a lot, I wouldn't mind having that as their home cap, too, and leaving the road one all blue. Nice BP and nice road uniform I like the change on that a lot. Good Job.

teamsnew2.png

Next up:

nymetsset.gif

As you can see, lotsa changes here. I started off by designating the pinstripes as the home uniform. The black is reduced throughout the set, but it's still present as a trim/drop shadow. I also went with a Yankee-esque jersey cut (where the sleeves come all the way up to the neck).

The alternate has been changed to blue with orange sleeve striping. Much better look than the black with blue.

The BP jersey is unique to say the least. The biggest thing I did was decide to keep the current two-tone BP, with orange and blue. I left a drop shadow off the script and moved it to the cap logo.

Next up: Something "blue"...

#7 of 30

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Like the Mets' redesign, and the minimization of black. However, the discrepancy in size from the script "Mets" wordmark to the road "NEW YORK" roadmark is glaring. The script is too big, and the "NEW YORK" is too small. Besides that (minor) detail, this is more like what the Mets ought to be wearing.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of re-creating the Chicago White Sox' uniform set. Some minor changes, minor additions, and a couple additional uniforms:

WHITE_SOX.jpg

Note: On the road uniforms, there are 2 black stripes with a white stripe in the middle. The home throwback is from 1917, and the road throwback is from 1906.

I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of re-creating the Chicago White Sox' uniform set. Some minor changes, minor additions, and a couple additional uniforms:

WHITE_SOX.jpg

Als fan: uniform overkill. A third jersey is oftentimes one too many. I count six. This reminds me of the late '70s Pirates mix & match uniforms, where they rarely wore the same outfit two games in a row. They're beautifully rendered, but there is so much variation that the White Sox would not developa unique look that they could cement into the public conscience. It's problematic when you've got so many uniforms to choose from in one team's history, but this is at least two jerseys too many, unless it was a special season (100th season, and the gimmick would be wearing different uniforms from history all season long as a tribute) that would make this more understandable.

Incidentally - who did your sigs? The accent is backwards in "Montreal" and in "Quebec". Je parle la belle langue, et je l'ai vu.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Incidentally - who did your sigs? The accent is backwards in "Montreal" and in "Quebec". Je parle la belle langue, et je l'ai vu.

I got these from the CCSLC logo/uniform database. I'd take the problem up with CC, since I also speak French.

WHITE_SOX.jpg

Note: On the road uniforms, there are 2 black stripes with a white stripe in the middle. The home throwback is from 1917, and the road throwback is from 1906.

nice way of hijacking someone elses project.

Next up (first addition in a while):

kcroyalsset.gif

I dumped every bit of black from the Royals' scheme. This concept is also much simpler and reverts back to the powder blue roads that they wore in the 80s. It's not too visible, but I added a gold drop-shadow to the BP script. That and the BP piping are the only non-logo areas where gold shows up. This is my favorite so far.

#8 of 30

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Next up (first addition in a while):

kcroyalsset.gif

I dumped every bit of black from the Royals' scheme. This concept is also much simpler and reverts back to the powder blue roads that they wore in the 80s. It's not too visible, but I added a gold drop-shadow to the BP script. That and the BP piping are the only non-logo areas where gold shows up. This is my favorite so far.

#8 of 30

Bring back the powder blues... :woot:

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived