new ncaa bball uniforms....

---colorado buffaloes (already mentioned before)

---???? washington state

---ucla bruins (or it might be just a home alt.)

---pittsburg panthers ("pitt" now on uniform and at center court)

these can be seen at easports.com, just go to the screen shots and choose the conference and scroll through.

sms.gif

Every college basketball game in the past had done a horrible job when it came to real life accuracy and this year proves to be no different. Take the Kansas Jayhawks for example. Nothing will be right when the game comes out because there is so many changes this year. The most noticable one will be the uniforms. KU has switched from Nike to adidas and will have a whole new set. Secondly, Allen Fieldhouse is going throught expansion/renovation. 1) Their will be a new court with the updated jayhawk logo at the same size a previous years. 2) A new scoreboard. 3) The will be the addition of the Booth Hall of Athletics, but they never show the outside of a college arena anyways. I will be surprised though if they actually have the red alternate jersey available this year though.

KUHawks.png

Can someone explain why this game is NEVER released for PC????

As has been speculated, it doesn't sell. They released 2 football games (98 and 99) and that was it.

Which is a shame, because if ever there was a game that need a strong mod community, it's the college basketball games (both EA and 2k). They are always full of inaccuracies in jerseys and arenas and such.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Per discussion with a few of my friends, we've come up with this theory.

And sorry if you feel insulted by it in any way.

College sports games(including the new one on college baseball) solely harken to the "jock" mentality.

"jocks" don't like to install things or patch games. they like the ability to game from the couch where the only options on the box that plays the game is Power On and Power Off.

gamers do do those things, and easily are the ones who mod games and their system to their particular taste.

We actually came up with this theory as to why games like Halo 2 are becoming much more popular than graphically better shooters out there.

Just my two cents, I'll go back to obscurity now.

i think the reason college bball games are so inaccurate is because there are so many teams they have to include that jerseys/courts/other stuff, gets pushed to the back. There also might be a lack of disk space because of all the extra teams. Less teams = more attention to detail

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

i think the reason college bball games are so inaccurate is because there are so many teams they have to include that jerseys/courts/other stuff, gets pushed to the back. There also might be a lack of disk space because of all the extra teams. Less teams = more attention to detail

Disk space isn't the problem. It's interest/effort. They could quite easily fit the data they need even for 300+ arenas. The problem is, why waste that time and effort on Prairie View A&M's basketball arena?

It bugs me when big schools shafted though. Villanova, for example, has a generic arena and no fight song in College Hoops 2k5.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Why does Duke still have the old road uniforms, as bigwalk stated? They should have black on the side panel. Also, does anyone know if the game will have an option like in NBA Live were you can select an alternate?

My theory is that if they made it for PC, roster updates would be really easy to download from different websites, and maybe the NCAA would not like that. The players in the games don't have names, and roster updates would give them names, so that might cause a few problems.

As soon as they can come out with football and basketball for the PC, I'll be first in line to buy them. It's just not right - I prefer college hoops to the NBA any day, and college football isn't that far from NFL for me in terms of watchability. Until then, I'll bide my time.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

My theory is that if they made it for PC, roster updates would be really easy to download from different websites, and maybe the NCAA would not like that. The players in the games don't have names, and roster updates would give them names, so that might cause a few problems.

There's already popular roster download websites for the PS2 and Xbox games, and the NCAA doesn't care about them. It's just simple math--college games lag behind pro games in terms of sales on the consoles, and PC sports games in general lag even further behind.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I also noticed that Duke has added black to the home uniforms this year (all of the player profiles at GoDuke.com show black on the white home uniforms.)

Well, I guess Duke's turn to the dark side is now complete with the addition of black to the home uniforms.

Can't wait to see how they look. Nike did a good job adding black to the blue jersey last year. I guess it makes sense so all three uniforms look cohesive.

I was wondering that as well. What I hope is that it simply appears lighter because it's next to black. The blue on the road jerseys looked lighter last year than it was in previous years. Could this be because of the addition of black?

i think the reason college bball games are so inaccurate is because there are so many teams they have to include that jerseys/courts/other stuff, gets pushed to the back.  There also might be a lack of disk space because of all the extra teams.  Less teams = more attention to detail

Disk space isn't the problem. It's interest/effort. They could quite easily fit the data they need even for 300+ arenas. The problem is, why waste that time and effort on Prairie View A&M's basketball arena?

It bugs me when big schools shafted though. Villanova, for example, has a generic arena and no fight song in College Hoops 2k5.

Sometimes, though, the little things they do make the game that much better. In NCAA Football, if your team happens to be backed up all the way to the goal line of the south endzone, you can catch a peek of Touchdown Jesus over the stands. You can pobably see him in the pregame panoramic shots as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived