Anyone Tired of the Boston Red Sox "Fans"

bterreson

speaking of the other Sox, it's really annoying to see all of these people in the NORTH suburbs of Chicago all decked out in Black & Silver, or with those ugly 1983 throwback hats out of nowhere; I understand that some people have ties to the South Side, but the majority of Chicagoans migrating to the North suburbs (or at least in the area where I live) are from the North/Northwest sides of the city. Alliances tend to be pretty geographical, and I hate how people are Cubs fans all season and then switch to a good team when It's actually convenient, in my neck of the woods.

Rant over.

Can the Red Sox nation please secede from the union?

I agree!

The Helvetic Confederation gladly will give it a geographic place to play baseball like Colorado and live like Derek Jeter and Barry Bonds.

And the white cross over red field flag can give some new merchandising ideas to the Red Sox Nation...! :D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

...and can they take the Pinstriped Empire with them when they go?

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Jealousy mostly. They hate seeing a team that they don't like win. I have been a Sox and Pats fan from around the age of 3. I mean, you're not a certain team fan from birth. I went through different teams before I liked the Sox and Pats. I was and kind of still am a Brewers fan. But as JP said, deal with it.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

This over exposure is making me sick. The Yankees still suck, but I used to have something in me that always sort of liked the Red Sox, and I am glad they own the Series. That was beyond exciting. But man alive its overkill to the max. Red Sox this, Red Sox that.

The MLB has the Yankees and the Red Sox (and 28 other teams) and Im tired of it.

And the bandwagoners :evil: I hate them! And you know theyll stop liking them the second its uncool or they suck

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

...and can they take the Pinstriped Empire with them when they go?

No, thanks. Switzerland is too tiny. :D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I am so sick and tired of non Sox/Patriots fan bashing us New Englanders...PLEASE...I sat through the Patriots Tommy Hodson Era anf the Hugh Millen Era..so I think I have earned a little bit of chest thumping when it comes to Belicheck's Boys now a days. As for the Sox, lets see how about these stellar infielders I watched through the 80's Glenn Hoffman, Ed Romero, Todd Benzinger, a 43 Yr old Tony Perez, Ed Jurak, Reid Nichols...Do I really need to go on? Yeah we have screamed from the highest mountains, but unlike a majority of what I find to be sports fans today, we have stuck with our teams. Example tell me how a 14 yr old kid who has lived his whole life in Portland Maine grows up a fan of 1 - Dallas Cowboys, 2- New York Yankees 3 Chicago Bulls...when both of his sports loving parents are nothing but New England all sports fans through and through. Bandwagon jumpers thats all it is..So don't give me this "Obnoxious" tag, I have lived through enough of Ralph Houk as a Red Sox manager to crow about whats going on now!!!!

I am so sick and tired of non Sox/Patriots fan bashing us New Englanders...PLEASE...I sat through the Patriots Tommy Hodson Era anf the Hugh Millen Era..so I think I have earned a little bit of chest thumping when it comes to Belicheck's Boys now a days. As for the Sox, lets see how about these stellar infielders I watched through the 80's Glenn Hoffman, Ed Romero, Todd Benzinger, a 43 Yr old Tony Perez, Ed Jurak, Reid Nichols...Do I really need to go on? Yeah we have screamed from the highest mountains, but unlike a majority of what I find to be sports fans today, we have stuck with our teams. Example tell me how a 14 yr old kid who has lived his whole life in Portland Maine grows up a fan of 1 - Dallas Cowboys, 2- New York Yankees 3 Chicago Bulls...when both of his sports loving parents are nothing but New England all sports fans through and through. Bandwagon jumpers thats all it is..So don't give me this "Obnoxious" tag, I have lived through enough of Ralph Houk as a Red Sox manager to crow about whats going on now!!!!

Yes...YOU did. So did about half of the red sox/pats fans. But the other half are the loudest ones that ruin it for all the true fans.

Happens every year, just the sox/pats are getting the more exposure than most.

let me say, that i am not bashing the New Englanders, becasue its your hoem team, and you have loved these teams your whole life.. i am more bashing the people in Walla-Walla Washington who jumped on the bandwagon, because it is the cool thing to do... the red sox was a good example though.

let me say, that i am not bashing the New Englanders, becasue its your home team, and you have loved these teams your whole life.. i am more bashing the people in Walla-Walla Washington who jumped on the bandwagon, because it is the cool thing to do... the red sox was a good example though.

Now hold on a sec...

There's quite a few New Englanders (like myself...born and bred in CT) that outright despise the Red Sox and Pats.

I'll be more than happy to hang the "Obnoxious Bastards" tag on Sox and Pats fans because, for the most part, IT RINGS TRUE...especially living here in CT.

FANTASY TEAMS

Yes beyond sick of Boston fans

Agreed. Where were all the Patriot fans back in the 90s?? I can remember watching games on tv at Foxboro when they were finishing dead last year in and year out, and there being like 20 fans in the stadium.

Now that you mention it, their fans do kinda suck.

hey! I miss those days when the Pats sucked - you buy tickets to any game u wanted at Foxboro for less than $50! The Stadium sucked otoo!

Yeah, we were the laughing stock of the league back then - as much I enjoy our current success, I do miss the days when being a Pats fan was shameful. No bandwagon hoppers, no hype, just football - albeit crappy football.

Now hold on a sec...

There's quite a few New Englanders (like myself...born and bred in CT) that outright despise the Red Sox and Pats.

I'll be more than happy to hang the "Obnoxious Bastards" tag on Sox and Pats fans because, for the most part, IT RINGS TRUE...especially living here in CT.

Please, most of CT might as well be New York. There is absolutely a Mason Dixon line in CT, so you r example isn't quite like Burlington Vt or Bangor Maine.

Now hold on a sec...

Please, most of CT might as well be New York. There is absolutely a Mason Dixon line in CT, so you r example isn't quite like Burlington Vt or Bangor Maine.

It's all about proximity, my friend...

the more East ya go, it's Sox and Pats...

Western NE? There's a good mix of NY oriented fans as well (esp. in surprising places like Western MA and Vermont)

The bottom line is, don't speak for ALL New Englanders when there's quite a few that refuse to kowtow towards Bahsten.

FANTASY TEAMS

Archived