Anyone Tired of the Boston Red Sox "Fans"

bterreson

Is it just me or is anyone else tired of the red sox "fans".. no I?m not talking about the great Bostonians, who struggled through so much.. until last year..

I?m talking about the people who just joined to bandwagon.. and promote them selves as hardcore red sox fan

example.

I live in Seattle, and last night I was at the A's vs. Mariners game.. I saw a whole bunch of people wearing red sox hats, t-shirts, some guy even made a sign that said "go red sox"... and remember this is at the mariners vs. A's game...

And when the final score was posted on the screen all these red sox "fans" started cheering... if you are a real Boston red sox fan.. you would be at home, watching it on TV... every minute of it.

thank you.

I've been a Sox fan my entire life, so I know the kind of people you're talkin about. But...look, as much as I hate the bandwagon fans, we diehard fans are always willing to educate the ignorant. So...as long as they're willing to learn everything and actually let every game dictate their mood on a day-to-day basis...it's cool.

If I live in Atlanta and just so happen to be a fan of another team, I'm supposed to forgo going to a major league game just to watch another one on TV?

No, but just don't act like you're at a Red Sox game and be decked out in all this Sox stuff when you're in Seattle at an A's/M's game.

Haha, I've always wondered who the first member was too.

teamsnew2.png

I miss the days when the most dominating teams would instantly becomg the most hated teams.

off subject.. but who is member #1?

I had this exact conversation with Creamer one day

Number 6: Where am I?

Number 2: In the Village.

Number 6: What do you want?

Number 2: We want information.

Number 6: Whose side are you on?

Number 2: That would be telling. We want information... information... information.

Number 6: You won't get it.

Number 2: By hook or by crook, we will.

Number 6: Who are you?

Number 2: The new Number 2.

Number 6: Who is Number 1?

Number 2: You are Number 6.

Number 6: I am not a number, I am a free man.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I miss the days when the most dominating teams would instantly becomg the most hated teams.

off subject.. but who is member #1?

Member #1 is reserved for any person who posts but is not a registered member, which is something we used to allow but now we require all users to register obviously.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Yes beyond sick of Boston fans

Agreed. Where were all the Patriot fans back in the 90s?? I can remember watching games on tv at Foxboro when they were finishing dead last year in and year out, and there being like 20 fans in the stadium.

Now that you mention it, their fans do kinda suck.

6uXNWAo.png

Blah Blah Blah

Bandwagon Red Sox fans are no different from bandwagon Yankees, Lakers and 49ers fans. Where were all the Yankees fans before 1995? The Lakers fans before the late 1990s? Everyone crawls out of the wordwork because there's more merchandise to be sold for winners than losers.

There were plenty of Patriots fans in the 1990s. But you couldn't buy anything except for a few hats and jerseys, because only winning teams get flooded with merchandise.

Maybe everyone is sick of the Red Sox because they can't find a cause behind them to hate. With the Yankees, most people hate them because of George Steinbrenner. A cranky old man who throws money at all his problems, like C. Montgomery Burns. But there's no real "Darth Vader" behind the Red Sox. Theo Epstein is like your frat brother at college. He might be an exceptionally smart person for his age, but he's a lot closer to the average fan than just being a faceless suit.

Maybe everyone is wearing "Go Red Sox" stuff because everyone is banning "Yankees Suck" shirts. I think a lot more people can rally around "Yankees Suck" than "Go Sox".

You know why Boston fans seem obnoxious? Because we're not used to winning the World Series. When we have won 26 rings, then maybe we'll act like it's business as usual.

Until then? Tough plop. Deal with it until we're no longer the champs.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I have to sort of look at it this way. Yes people root for who is cool, just like they want to wear whatever is the cool brand of the season. They want to be "in" so they do everything from going to the cool clubs, wearing the cool clothes, listening to the cool music, and just whatever is in fashion they associate with themselves. Part of the fashion of society is whoever is the winning team. Just like being "in" makes those people feel cool, so does rooting for a winning team because they now get to jump into conversation to proclaim how cool they are for being a fan of a winning team. It's just like those people who talk about, OH MY GOSH DID YOU SEE AMERICAN IDOL LAST NIGHT!? In reality some of those people probably just read some entertainment magazine to keep up with it but really haven't watched a show. If you quizzed them, they wouldn't be able to tell you who won American Idol the past two seasons. Just like if you quizzed the "Fake Red Sox Fan" they wouldn't be able to tell you any of the players on past Red Sox teams. So basically my point is there are bandwagon jumpers in every facet of life. Casual fans will never notice, but the die hards always will. And the die hards will always get irritated over it, but they're outnumbered by the casual fans. It's just life. Always has been, and it always will be.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived