An idea...

cincodemayo1

Oh...I missed the Ravens. A Raven is black, isn't it? I don't think I've seen a purple bird. So why wouldn't orange and black work for the Ravens?

And since we're in Maryland, all the Wash. DC teams could stick with blue and gold. So the Caps stay the same, the Wiz stay the same, the Nats lose the red and add gold, and the Skins lose the burgundy and add blue. I think the Skins logo would have to be predominantly gold, with a blue accent.

Philly is another toughy. But I'd probably go with the Phillies colors. I don't think Eagles are green, actually I think the logo may work better with a burgundy and blue. Very patriotic. The Flyers would have to switch over to the same scheme, which is a drastic change, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. As for the 76ers, although blue, black, gold, red, white looks fantastic (I kid, I kid), didn't they used to wear burgundy(or red) and blue? Why YES! YES THEY DID!

And for New Jersey, I think the Nets could easily adapt to the black, red and white of the Devils, so why not?

So again, I don't really see why this couldn't work.

Good point about the Seattle teams. The Mariners and Seahawks are pretty close in color. I think the Sonics look pretty good, but I think switching to a blue and green combo could look pretty interested. Almost like the old throwback Atlanta Hawks jersey...

...speaking of Atlanta...I think you gotta go with gold and red. Hawks, done. Thrashers, done. Braves could look very cook with those colors. As could the Falcons.

As for infrared's comments...

Obviously the color changing won't work with all teams, but if you had to adjust...

Indians are usually dark skinned, so why not change their colors to orange and brown?

You got me on the Bengals and the Reds. I'll give you that one.

Why not merge the Cardinals and the Blues to a red, white and blue scheme? The Cards already use a navy in a lot of their schemes (well they used to) so why not swap the Blue's yellow for red? They did used to have red in one of their previous logos.

Keep the Raiders in silver and black. Why not change the A's to those colors? I mean, one of their logos is an elephant, so doesn't silver work better than green and gold?

Change the Giants to red and gold. Keep the 49ers the same.

Chiefs can easily adapt the Royals colors.

As for Detriot, I guess due to the Red Wings name, you gotta stick with red and white. So add blue, and you have the Pistons colors, the Tigers are blue and white, and the Lions are blue and white. Don't see much of a problem there.

Boston's a tricky one. But since so many other teams would be red, white and blue, I say use a Celtic scheme and go with green and white. I think the Red Sox even wear a green jersey or used to.

As for NY, I think you gotta split the teams down the middle and pick 2 color schemes. Lets say, Islanders, Jets, and Mets go with blue and orange, while the Yanks, Knicks, and Rangers go with blue and white. Not too much of a change for anyone except the Jets.

So to sum all that up, not sure I see your point all too well. I think it could be done. I'm not saying it SHOULD be done, it was just an idea, as the thread was perfectly named.

You don't see my point? You're kidding right? You think it would be cool to change virtually every uniform in every major sport so the cities and their teams would match yet I'm the one that's unclear? No offense but your idea is so full of holes that I don't want to spend the time trying to address all of them. But I'll gladly provide a few more examples.

Orioles are black and orange thus the color scheme. The White Sox already wear silver and black so in order to keep Oakland and Raiders fans happy we either have two MLB teams that look exactly alike, two NFL teams wearing silver and black or Chicago is already down one choice in their color scheme. Not to mention their two baseball teams will sport the same colors.

How many red white and blue teams is too many? Based on your logic they'll be popping up all over the place.

Yeah I bet that "Red" Sox with green jerseys scheme will be a huge hit with Red Sox nation.

Finally, isn't splitting New York into two color camps essentially defeating your entire purpose?

I won't even comment on your idiotic "Indians are dark skinned" comment.

Sorry, I usually don't like to be so blunt but...Your idea is just plain bad. :D

BB52Big.jpg

I think you gotta go with gold and red. Hawks, done. Thrashers, done. Braves could look very cook with those colors. As could the Falcons.

Yup the Braves would look just like the new red and gold Giants. You're making my point for me yet you can't figure out why it won't work? :D

BB52Big.jpg

I have absolutely no power to change the way leagues pick their colors...lets just get that out there. No need to go nuts. Nothing is changing.

Again, just an idea, and I'm attempting to prove why it could work for most cities.

Oh, my mistake...but I wasn't being specific with the color schemes. When I say red, white, and blue, I mean different shades. Royals, navys, Carolinas, etc. Red, brick, burgundy, etc.

As for Atlanta and San Fran, again my mistake. I wasn't attempting to be too specific. But let me clarify. San Fran would be gold and red, Atlanta could be yellow and red. Better?

And as for the red, whites and blues being all over, again, different shades. But look at the MLB now for example. The Yanks, Rangers, Braves, Dodgers, Red Sox and Cubbies are all red, white and blue. I don't see too many people complaining. Sorry I wasn't clearer about the R, W, & B's earlier.

And I never said I thought it'd be "cool" to change all the uniforms. But I did say this is just an idea. And while I see why it could cause some problems, I think my explanations prove why it could work for MOST teams.

Yes, the Chicago baseball teams would be a problem, but I don't see why it couldn't work. Chicago is another tricky city picking colors, lets just say they chose to stick with the Cubs colors (not that they would). But for the sake of argument, the Cubs could be predominantly blue, while the Sox could be more red. And if a cub could be red, white and blue, why not a Bear?

I'm at work so I was doing this quickly. Again, just an idea. No need to get your panties in a bundle. If you'd like me to revise and use team specific colors, I'd be happy to when I have some time, but again, I was proving a point.

Oh, and sorry if I offended anyone with the Indian comment. Didn't mean for that. I was attempting to use that as an example like how the old Chief Wahoo logo was, and how other indian logos are (FSU, Redskins, Braves) so they could do something similar, but I think that came out all wrong. My bad.

I have absolutely no power to change the way leagues pick their colors...lets just get that out there. No need to go nuts. Nothing is changing.

Again, just an idea, and I'm attempting to prove why it could work for most cities.

Oh, my mistake...but I wasn't being specific with the color schemes. When I say red, white, and blue, I mean different shades. Royals, navys, Carolinas, etc. Red, brick, burgundy, etc.

As for Atlanta and San Fran, again my mistake. I wasn't attempting to be too specific. But let me clarify. San Fran would be gold and red, Atlanta could be yellow and red. Better?

And as for the red, whites and blues being all over, again, different shades. But look at the MLB now for example. The Yanks, Rangers, Braves, Dodgers, Red Sox and Cubbies are all red, white and blue. I don't see too many people complaining. Sorry I wasn't clearer about the R, W, & B's earlier.

And I never said I thought it'd be "cool" to change all the uniforms. But I did say this is just an idea. And while I see why it could cause some problems, I think my explanations prove why it could work for MOST teams.

Yes, the Chicago baseball teams would be a problem, but I don't see why it couldn't work. Chicago is another tricky city picking colors, lets just say they chose to stick with the Cubs colors (not that they would). But for the sake of argument, the Cubs could be predominantly blue, while the Sox could be more red. And if a cub could be red, white and blue, why not a Bear?

I'm at work so I was doing this quickly. Again, just an idea. No need to get your panties in a bundle. If you'd like me to revise and use team specific colors, I'd be happy to when I have some time, but again, I was proving a point.

the Sox haven't been red & blue in 15 years-- and probably won't go back to it with all of their division rivals using those colors. I think that the entire city would look pretty good in Bulls/Hawks colors, Black and Red. It would only be a one color change for the rest of the teams, and the Bears could transition easily to black from the navy, and to orange from red.

It would only be a one color change for the rest of the teams, and the Bears could transition easily to black from the navy, and to orange from red.

George Halas is spinning in his grave as we speak. As are countless Illinois grads who were also Bears fans. (There's a reason the Bears wear orange and navy...)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Oh...I missed the Ravens. A Raven is black, isn't it? I don't think I've seen a purple bird. So why wouldn't orange and black work for the Ravens?

And since we're in Maryland, all the Wash. DC teams could stick with blue and gold. So the Caps stay the same, the Wiz stay the same, the Nats lose the red and add gold, and the Skins lose the burgundy and add blue. I think the Skins logo would have to be predominantly gold, with a blue accent.

Philly is another toughy. But I'd probably go with the Phillies colors. I don't think Eagles are green, actually I think the logo may work better with a burgundy and blue. Very patriotic. The Flyers would have to switch over to the same scheme, which is a drastic change, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. As for the 76ers, although blue, black, gold, red, white looks fantastic (I kid, I kid), didn't they used to wear burgundy(or red) and blue? Why YES! YES THEY DID!

And for New Jersey, I think the Nets could easily adapt to the black, red and white of the Devils, so why not?

So again, I don't really see why this couldn't work.

:shocked: Your really suggesting that all of the Washington teams should switch to that nasty Black, blue, and gold look that the Wizards and Capitals have? Um, no. First off if they ever did consider that they would have to switch to all teams wearing Maroon and Yellow. That would work for the Nats considering their colors are pretty close to that anyway, but the Caps and Wiz would have to redesign themselves which would be a good thing with the crap that they wear. God can you even imagine the Skins wearing blac, gold, and blue? :blink::wacko:

BONDSBACKER25.jpg

I want to see concepts of these, that would be fun

You CANNOT put the REDskins (however offensive the name may be) in blue and gold. The Washington teams could only be maroon and gold no other viable options. The 'Skins own DC and in other areas where one team is clearly THE team, gotta rock their scheme.

As an aside, it's a idea...not a proposal. I don't think it'll work for most major cities, you could see it happening in a few. I say try it, post it, and we'll see if it works...

Conns09's Boston post just shows up as Black boxes on my screen...anyone else?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

That is an Internet Explorer problem with png files. Either you can try an alternate browser or Conn09 can resave the PNGs without transparency.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

That is an Internet Explorer problem with png files. Either you can try an alternate browser or Conn09 can resave the PNGs without transparency.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I want to see concepts of these, that would be fun

You CANNOT put the REDskins (however offensive the name may be) in blue and gold. The Washington teams could only be maroon and gold no other viable options. The 'Skins own DC and in other areas where one team is clearly THE team, gotta rock their scheme.

Teams from Washington, D.C., should ALWAYS be red, white and blue.

With the exception of the Redskins, just because of tradition.

Archived