An idea...

cincodemayo1

So I've had this idea over and over again and I always forget to post it. I remembered this time.

Not sure if this belongs in the CONCEPTS board, but I figured maybe someone would take a crack at it.

What if all the teams from various sports stuck to the same colors in each individual city? For example, all of Pittsburgh's teams are yellow, black and white (Penguins, Steelers, and Pirates).

Any other cities? I can't think of any. But it'd be interesting to see how different teams adapt to that. Like in Miami, would the Heat become aqua and orange? Or would the Dolphins become red and black?

I think you get the idea. Has something like this been posted before?

Let me know what you guys think.

Phoenix is Purple

Glendale is Red

It's great you have patronage for your city. Seriously though, how can a suburb really have a color? Glendale will never have the spotlight over Phoenix.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Someone started something like this a few months ago

He even did quite a few logos for each city.

I don't think he put a great deal of thought into it, more like colouring in the various logos, not taking into account things like the use of dark colours for shadow effects etc.

It was pretty much "here's Phoenix with the Coyotes & Cardinals in Suns colours."

"Here's the Suns and Cardinals in Coyotes colours".

Might have done 3 cities before the lack of interest got to him.

Might be intersting to see the Dolphins in Marlins Teal, Black and Silver, or Panthers Navy Gold and Red.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Phoenix is Purple

Glendale is Red

It's great you have patronage for your city. Seriously though, how can a suburb really have a color? Glendale will never have the spotlight over Phoenix.

never said it did now did I? But we do have two franchises here and both have red.

Phoenix is Purple

Glendale is Red

never said it did now did I? But we do have two franchises here and both have red.

My point is that the Coyotes are Phoenix, regardless of which suburb they play in.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Phoenix is Purple

Glendale is Red

My point is that the Coyotes are Phoenix, regardless of which suburb they play in.

they kept Phoenix yes, but the owners have said they are Glendale's team! They only kept Phoenix because people generally recognize Phoenix more.

Phoenix is Purple

Glendale is Red

they kept Phoenix yes, but the owners have said they are Glendale's team! They only kept Phoenix because people generally recognize Phoenix more.

Like they would seriously change the name to Glendale Coyotes. :lol:

shysters_sm.jpg

Phoenix is Purple

Glendale is Red

Like they would seriously change the name to Glendale Coyotes. :lol:

hey we can agree to disagree

So I've had this idea over and over again and I always forget to post it. I remembered this time.

Not sure if this belongs in the CONCEPTS board, but I figured maybe someone would take a crack at it.

What if all the teams from various sports stuck to the same colors in each individual city? For example, all of Pittsburgh's teams are yellow, black and white (Penguins, Steelers, and Pirates).

Any other cities? I can't think of any. But it'd be interesting to see how different teams adapt to that. Like in Miami, would the Heat become aqua and orange? Or would the Dolphins become red and black?

I think you get the idea. Has something like this been posted before?

Let me know what you guys think.

This has been asked before. I don't recall if anyone went into any depth on why it could never work so I'll take a crack at it. Well first off how do you decide which set of colors becomes the "city" colors?

The Indians in brown and orange uniforms? It would be hard to call them the "Browns" if they were wearing blue and red or wine and gold.

Not too many Bengal Tigers are red white and black. Or would The Reds need to change their name to the Oranges or Blacks?

Do the Cardinals switch to blue or do the "Blues" go to red and white?

The Raiders in green and yellow? Nuff said.

Since the 49ers are named after a gold rush Black and Orange won't really work for them. (By the way...Who thought it was a good idea back in the day for the 49ers to wear silver helmets? Now there's an example of not thinking it through very well.)

Why would a Raven wear the colors of an Oriole?

I suppose the Royals could go with red and yellow or the Chiefs could switch to blue and white.

Hmmm.. The Red Wings in Honolulu blue and silver. Looks like the Lions, Tigers and Pistons are going to be changing their colors under your proposal.

I could see the Red Sox in black and gold.(anything to piss off Red Sox fans is fine with me) The Patriots would look a lot like the Steelers. The Bruins might not look too bad in red white or blue. Or do the Red Sox need to change their name to the Green Sox? (White Sox is already taken) The Celtics in red white and blue or black and gold?

Now the Yankees in Dodger blue that's an idea. Or maybe the Mets could switch to green and white. Better yet let's put all the NY teams in green and white. The Yankees in their new green and white vs. the Red Sox in their new green and white. Very nice.

I think I have made my point.

Go Oranges! :D

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking of.

It's just an interesting idea, I never "proposed" changing anything.

Those Colorado concepts aren't too bad. It pretty much works for all teams. I mean, I can't recall ever seeing a Bronco that was blue and orange anyway.

As for the Miami concepts, I think teal and orange would work the best, rather than the Marlins colors. You keep the Dolphins colors, the orange works pretty well for the Heat's basketball logo, works great for the Marlins logo (since it's already close) and the only slightly odd one would be the Panthers. But a panther is actually that orange/gold color, so I guess it'd be close.

As for infrared's comments...

Obviously the color changing won't work with all teams, but if you had to adjust...

Indians are usually dark skinned, so why not change their colors to orange and brown?

You got me on the Bengals and the Reds. I'll give you that one.

Why not merge the Cardinals and the Blues to a red, white and blue scheme? The Cards already use a navy in a lot of their schemes (well they used to) so why not swap the Blue's yellow for red? They did used to have red in one of their previous logos.

Keep the Raiders in silver and black. Why not change the A's to those colors? I mean, one of their logos is an elephant, so doesn't silver work better than green and gold?

Change the Giants to red and gold. Keep the 49ers the same.

Chiefs can easily adapt the Royals colors.

As for Detriot, I guess due to the Red Wings name, you gotta stick with red and white. So add blue, and you have the Pistons colors, the Tigers are blue and white, and the Lions are blue and white. Don't see much of a problem there.

Boston's a tricky one. But since so many other teams would be red, white and blue, I say use a Celtic scheme and go with green and white. I think the Red Sox even wear a green jersey or used to.

As for NY, I think you gotta split the teams down the middle and pick 2 color schemes. Lets say, Islanders, Jets, and Mets go with blue and orange, while the Yanks, Knicks, and Rangers go with blue and white. Not too much of a change for anyone except the Jets.

So to sum all that up, not sure I see your point all too well. I think it could be done. I'm not saying it SHOULD be done, it was just an idea, as the thread was perfectly named.

There are a few cities where a certain color scheme would work, a few others where it wouldn't.

Toronto teams, as I've said before, could all go double blue and it would look great.

Seattle is the Emerald City, and all of its teams have some sort of green in their color schemes. I could see the Mariners, Sonics and Seahawks getting together and going with joint color schemes.

Archived