Redesigning the Big East

HarperK

There is potential here, but there is the need for major retooling.

'Scrim beat me to it, but blue and black don't go well together, ever.  And the darker the blue, the worse the clash.  You have navy and black.  They're just different enough from each other to look really bad.

A single red stripe on the helmet would look sharp; it works for the NY Giants.  Also, a red "U" would look great on both the helmet logo and the jersey wordmark.  On the white jersey, you can't see the Predators-like effects, because you have navy numbers outlined in black.  The unique thing about the numbers is lost!

A red or white facemask would work, but again, there is no good reason to add black where it need not be.  This is a grievous problem and it really draws away from your concept, which could be great.

The UConn Husky is a great logo that is one of the most recognizable in all of the NCAA.  Why get rid of it at all, especially to use a neighboring school's logo?  That's incomprehensible.

Some calves on your models might be nice as well... looks a little Invisibile Man without something between the knees and ankles, especially since there's definition to suggest ankles.

i know, i like it somewhat, but not in love with it. with the wolf logo, i just searched for one, liked that one and chose it, id create my own from scratch but dont think i have the skill to quite yet... i just wanted to finish up uconn's uni...for now at least, i may re-do it entirely later

with the calves, i just decided not to have the socks, so deleted that section. i like my shoes:P too many concepts leave that part blank :D

Yeah, I noticed you did the shoes...I love the orange and blue ones you did for Syracuse.

Also...I noticed your name is nyy...is that a Yankees reference :D...I'm an Angels fan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also...I noticed your name is nyy...is that a Yankees reference :D...I'm an Angels fan

the angels? cmon you guys arent HALF the payroll we are!

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Also...I noticed your name is nyy...is that a Yankees reference  :D...I'm an Angels fan

:lol: Apparently, we're just a bargain then, since afterall, we're playing as I type this(and winning for the moment). Hey, at least I'm not a Red Sox fan...they swept both my teams last year...Edmonds' departure of Anaheim made me a Cards fan.

Also...I noticed your name is nyy...is that a Yankees reference  :D...I'm an Angels fan

:lol: Apparently, we're just a bargain then, since afterall, we're playing as I type this(and winning for the moment). Hey, at least I'm not a Red Sox fan...they swept both my teams last year...Edmonds' departure of Anaheim made me a Cards fan.

Actually Besides the Yankees and Red Sox the Angels are the only other team to pay luxury tax.

I like the white away jerseys for WVU, the blue ones are growing on me. I like the number font too. I hate WVU?s current number font. Not sure about the white numbers and the white flying WV on the helmet. The helmet logo might look better with the gold being on the inside and the white being the outline. Overall a nice concept and a good change of pace for my Mountaineers.

Might as welll chime in here...

Syracuse--Not too shabby for the most part. The white helmet is kind of a nice change of pace (they did use a white one back in the mid 70s, so it's not out of the ordinary for the Orange to use it) and I like how it uses that distinctive SU logo they now have. I do like the execution of it.

West Virginia--I like the design of the unis...definite improvement over what they have right now, that's for sure. However, I don't like are the yellow socks with the road jersey. Then again, if the Detroit Lions could use silver ones when they had the blue pants, then this could be alright. However, maybe a white sock with 2 navy stripes (kinda like what the Chargers sometime use) would be better here. The helmet logo just seems kinda odd being in white instead of the usual gold....I do like the addition of a stripe though.

UConn--In a word...no. I'm REALLY not feeling these. To me, the use of black on the jersey is really forced and it really doesn't mesh well with the "National Flag Blue" (their words for the shade of navy they use). Silver works much better with this (as their current jerseys show) and it's also replaced red as the trim color for most of the school's unis (only holdouts are the Men's Hoop team...and we're expecting that to change soon as well). My main beef is with using Northeastern's husky over the one they have now...hard to ditch Jonathan (yes, that's the dog's name :lol: ) for a nearby rival's logo.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

'Scrim beat me to it, but blue and black don't go well together, ever. And the darker the blue, the worse the clash. You have navy and black. They're just different enough from each other to look really bad.

navy and black, agreed-they only go together if you're so broke you could only afford a mismatched zoot suit from Value Village to go out to the club in :D

really, the only time blue and black could go together is if you used carolina blue...or, goin with a Spinal Tap tangent, you went with pastel black and navy :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Are all of your concepts going to have white helmets?  :D

well, 'cuse DID sport white helmets for a lil while back in the day...with a little "SU" inside a blue football... plus i have a thing for white helmets:) ...i was gonna see how it looked with the all orange helmet too,later on..

And being a long time cuse fan (since late Marvin Graves era), i just HATE the new unis...i think they are one of the ugliest in the NCAA. i know that theyre starting a new era with a new coach, and a fairly new AD also, but damn i hate 'em...the ucla stripes dont fit the cuse, maybe its the colors or what, but i hate em...oh yeah did i mention i hate them?

I think the uniforms and helmets are a flashback to the Syracuse teams that had Jim Brown and Ernie Davis on them, I think the 1950's and early 60's.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

really, the only time blue and black could go together is if you used carolina blue...

Oh 'Scrim, don't say that! Where I went to school, that's sacrilege (the Cow College in Raleigh and the Evil Empire in Durham both choose to wear black; we wear the colors of the sky, and that's all).

But I digress.

As for the WVU set: They're growing on me. Way better than what they wear now; those numbers are buh-ROOT-all. A little too much white for my likingin WVU concept, but it's not so bad.

One question: what's the explanation for the wedge of gold spreading up from the sleeve end toward the shoulders on both jerseys? Just color, or is there a reason it has the shape and location it does? Just wondering...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Being from West Virginia and loving the 'Eers over the Blundering Terds, I think this is a good concept. I wish they would switch something up with the unis. Plus they have one of the worse logos in college sports. I do like what Nike has done for them the past couple of years. Hopefully they will get a new logo.

SC

Keep those couches burnin'!!!!! :evil:

colorado.gif

Taking the Big 12 Title!

browns.png

The AFC North is ours!!!

1988KansasJayhawksNCAABB.png

The Best of the Best!!

Home of Champions......Capital High Cougars.....We Gets Busy!

One question: what's the explanation for the wedge of gold spreading up from the sleeve end toward the shoulders on both jerseys? Just color, or is there a reason it has the shape and location it does? Just wondering...

just came out that way...wasnt planning on it, just flowed and went with it..i like it, kinda unique(as far as i know)

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived